Connect with us

NEWS

Bobi Wine Did Not Comply With The Conditions We Gave Him – Kayima

Published

on

SSP Emillian Kayima, the police spokesperson dismissed rumours that Bobi Wine’s concerts were banned under unclear circumstances. Kayima added that Bobi’s events organizers also did not comply with Police orders. In his address to the press, at Police headquarters in Naguru,  the police mouthpiece said that the reason why Kyarenga extra concerts were cancelled was that the organisers of these shows did not follow Police orders.

He further offered guidelines to promoters of music shows and warned them to seek clearance from the Inspector General of police (IGP) for every event. Kayima also said, all events’ organizers must submit the number of revelers expected to attend the event.

“Events’ organizers must submit the number of revelers expected to attend the show, crowd control, parking and how to manage entrance and exit of revelers and how they may approach unexpected occurrences (danger) to the IGP,” Kayima said. The regional police and district police commanders were instructed to monitor all events this festive season.

 

GENESIS

It should be remembered that police cancelled Bobi Wine’s Kyarenga concert  which was supposed to take place in Gulu

ON Wednesday, Bobi wine said that he went with a team of lawyers together with his music promoters to Naguru police headquarters to personally meet the Inspector General of Police to protest against the persistent blocking of his music shows.

Bobi said, “We sought to deliver this letter to him and ask for answers from the head of the police. This decision came after my promoters and music manager have been tossed up and down whenever they go to follow up on our letters seeking clearance of the shows.

Well, no one had answers. They were evidently in panic and asked us to sit in the boardroom and wait for a few minutes! We waited for three hours after which the director of operations Asuman Mugyenyi came in to say that the IGP was not present. It will be recalled that when our shows were blocked the last time, we sought to speak to him and he equally evaded us. As expected, Asuman didn’t have any answers. By his own admission, he told us that the questions we were asking him were beyond him! He however told us that he had been sent by his bosses to tell us that the shows, including the one which was supposed to take place today could not proceed. We reminded him that we had written to them more than three weeks ago about these shows, but again he had no answer! He apologised for blocking the show in Gulu, but yet again, he had no answer. Sadly, the promoter who had organised the show today, Sarah Nasuuna, one of the most hard working women I know, was hit by high blood pressure on being told she could not proceed with the show tonight even when she had obtained the requisite clearance and spent a lot of resources trying to make the show possible. She collapsed and could barely move or speak. She was rushed to hospital. As she lay on the ground gasping for breath, I could not help but imagine about the struggles of the common person in this country. The poor lady is trying so hard to make ends meet. She dared venture into an industry dominated by men. Instead of being supported by the government, the government is frustrating her to the point of near death! Her story represents many, many Ugandans in their different trades.

As I said a few days ago, this was only the first step in challenging this kind of impunity. We shall stop at nothing in seeking justice. We shall stop at nothing in trying to put an end to this mess. Uganda is for all of us. We shall certainly overcome.”

 

By Monica Atwiine

Comments

NEWS

We Are Also Looking For Kyeyune’s Killers – Police Explains How Bullet Mysteriously Killed People Power Supporter…

Published

on

Kampala Metropolitan Police (KMP) Spokesperson Patrick Onyango has said that the police are hunting for the person who killed Daniel Kyeyune.

In a statement released today, Onyango said that the Directorate of Criminal Investigations is investigating the shooting incident and a task team has already reconstructed the scene and is reviewing among other things recordings from the CCTV cameras, 999, dispatch and accounts from witnesses. 

Below is the message from police:

Yesterday, 25/02/2020, at around 7:30pm, the Joint Security Patrol team at Nansana Municipality, in Wakiso district, was confronted by a violent procession that disrupted traffic flow and business around Masitowa area in Nansana for almost two hours.  The rowdy crowd was joined by another group from Nansana that disrupted traffic flow along the highway; those armed with sticks started beating bystanders and other road users.

Although the Police gave several commands to the violent crowd, on motorcycles, motor vehicles, and on foot to disperse; they absolutely disregarded our instructions, and aggressively approached the joint team of patrollers, others dangerously pelting stones at them.  The team used several crowd dispersal methods that included the use of batons, teargas and bullets.

In the heat of the moment, the body of a male adult, allegedly shot dead by unknown persons, was found near Bank of Africa, Nansana Branch.  The patrollers retrieved the body of the victim amidst hostilities and transported it to City Mortuary Mulago for post mortem analysis.  The deceased has been identified as Dan Kyeyune, a resident of Nakulabye.

The IGP has reached out to the family and also expressed his heartfelt condolence to his father, Kabuye David who is a Police Officer attached to Kasubi Police Station, the immediate family of the deceased, all friends and relatives.  Police has taken care of the burial expenses. May the soul of Dan Kyeyune, rest in Eternal Peace.

He further instructed the Directorate of Criminal Investigations to thoroughly investigate the shooting incident.  A task team has already reconstructed the scene and is reviewing among other things recordings from the CCTV cameras, 999, dispatch and accounts from witnesses.  They have recovered three spent cartridges, a stone, one left sandal from the scene and close to the body.  All the patrollers on duty last night, are being interviewed and their weapons, exhibited for further forensic analysis.

We will definitely identify the culprit(s) behind the murder by shooting, as well as those who were behind the violent and riotous crowds; and ensure they are brought to book.

We pledge to continue to maintain public safety and public confidence by not allowing these instigated incidents of violence to escalate out of control.

 SP Onyango Patrick

KMP – Spokesperson

26th February 2020

By Josephine Kauma

Comments

Continue Reading

NEWS

Killing Innocent, Angry Citizens Will Only Increase Their Resolve To Remove This Government – Mabirizi Warns, Vows To Chase All Foreigners Once Elected As President….

Published

on

Mabirizi (C) and People Power supporters Daniel Kyeyune (L) and Ritah Nabukenya (R) who were killed this week

Elton Joseph Mabirizi, who contested as a presidential candidate in the 2016 polls has vowed to chase foreigners in the country if elected as the next president of Uganda.

“Whenever you keep trying, you win. This season I have come back with a different ideology and if given a chance to be the next president, change will be created,” he said.

“The foreigners have occupied all the available vacancies in the country because Museveni fears them, they provide support to him, they act as the bosses to Museveni therefore he cannot deport them but if I become the next president, I will chase all of them,” Mabirizi vowed.

Mabirizi made these remarks at Speke hotel while unveiling the team that is going to lead his campaigns across the country in the coming polls. Mabirizi argued that many Ugandans especially the youths and women are unemployed because the jobs they are supposed to do are all being done by foreigners who disguise as investors.

He admitted that much as it will be a tough option, it is the only way the many unemployed Ugandans will get employment.

 However, when asked when his consultations will kick off, Mabirizi said that he will not engage in consultations because this is a process he did in 2016.

“I have been around doing several things. I have schools and companies I run. I am going to stand as a presidential candidate in 2021, but I want people to know that not everyone has to go for consultations. In 2016, I went through this exercise, I am not doing it again this year,” Mabirizi said.

Mabirizi wants to follow into the footsteps of former president Idi Amin Dada who in early August 1972, ordered the expulsion of Asians from the country after giving them a 90 days ultimatum.

On the current security situation in the country, Mabirizi condemned the act of killing innocent citizens saying that the killings will not threaten the angry Ugandans but rather increase on their bitterness to remove the people in power.

“If the citizens are angry over the current government, killing them will not solve anything but you only need to retire and give them what they need and deserve,” Mabirizi said.

Two people Power supporters have died mysteriously in the past three days. Ritah Nabukenya was allegedly knocked dead by a police patrol while Daniel Kyeyune was shot dead by security operatives last night.

By Josephine Kauma

Comments

Continue Reading

NEWS

Mr. President, We Need Money To Finish Our Assignment: Bamugemereire Reports Minister Kasaija To M7 Over Delayed Land Probe Report…

Published

on

On Tuesday evening, president Yoweri Museveni met Justice Catherine Bamugemereire, the chairperson of the commission of inquiry into land matters and officers from the ministry of Finance led by Matia Kasaija over the delayed completion of the commission’s report.

Multiple sources at the commission of inquiry told the Grapevine that a few weeks back, Bamugemereire wrote to Museveni explaining to him the financial difficulties that the commission is facing.

She told the president that the reason why they failed to submit their report to him in January was because most of the service providers and staff have not been paid for almost five to six months.

Sources further intimated to this website that in the meeting, Bamugemereire told Museveni that they need over shs4bn to finish the report.

Kasaija told the president that he understands the financial difficulties the commission is going throw but the ministry is still looking for money and very soon the funds will be released.

Museveni, who is eagerly waiting to read the commission’s findings and recommendations on how to solve land problems in the country instructed Kasaija to urgently look for money and give it to the commission. Museveni also informed Bamugemereire and her team that comprised of Dr. Douglas Singiza, the Commission’s secretary, Ebert Byenkya, the commission’s led counsel and others that people are still reporting to him illegal evictions and land grabbers, this is the reason why he is very interested in their report because it will help him solve the matter completely.

When we contact Dr. Singiza, he decalined to comment on the matter and refered us to Byenkya for a comment.

When we contacted Byenkya, he told us, “Yes, we met the president to brief him on the progress of the report writing process, the Minister of Finance was in presence also. The president instructed the minister to provide the necessary support to the report writing process to ensure it was completed.”

By Ssengooba Alirabaki

Comments

Continue Reading

like us

TRENDING

error: Content is protected !!