Connect with us
  • CRIME

    Bryan White Was Urinating Blood – CID Boss Discloses As The Tycoon Turns Bitter…

    Published

    on

    Bryan White (L) and CID spokesperson, Charles Twine

    Faded city tycoon, Brian Kirumira alias Bryan White has expressed discontentment upon being continuously summoned to Police over allegations he has repeatedly denied.

    Bryan White, also the founder of the now defunct Bryan White foundation is accused of sexually harassing girls who were his former workers at the foundation.

    Some of the beauties include Stella Nandawula, Leticia Nabulime and Vivian Mutanda who came out as earlier reported, claiming that Bryan White had been forcefully engaging them in sexual activities.

    According to those who were present at Kibuli when Bryan White visited the CID offices in Kampala, he was so angry he wanted to fight. According to the narration of our snoop, the faded tycoon ran out of control he almost kicked people around. He was protesting being called over “baseless accusations”.

    The parliament has asked officers in charge of this case who are trying to coverup for the accused to be arrested.Ministry of Human Rights has asked the government to arrest Bryan White and his guards who helped him in torturing of the girls and these are to be charged on cases of rape, kidnapping girls and torture.

    Early last year, one of the victims, Nandawula was seen in a recorded video accusing Bryan White of kidnap and sexual harassment.

    Parliament, basing on the videos started investigations into the matter. According to the Human Rights report, Bryan White was found guilty of all the accusations.

    The Spokesperson of the Criminal Investigations Department, Charles Twine told theGrapevine that Bryan White had been arrested in June 2020 before being left to first heal from his sickness.

    According to Twine, Bryan White’s every move is being watched over by the police. He revealed that Bryan White was arrested from his home in Munyonyo where he was found on drips and what he called oxygen.

    “We had to wait for his treatment to get done that day as we took him to police to record a statement in the presence of his lawyer,” Twine said, explaining that;

    “Bryan White was so weak that he would not even speak. He could not also hold back his urine, and he was also urinating blood. The police decided to take his DNA for further investigations for the case and also made a statement on 29, 06, 2020.”

    Twine says, Police therefore called the victims to bring their documents to confirm that they were indeed under-age and also make statements on the matter but they were no where to be seen.

    By Hope Kalamira

    Comments

    CRIME

    Ssegirinya, Ssewanyana Lawyers To Challenge DPP Abodo’s Plan To Hide Witnesses, Mabirizi Wants Trial To Be Halted Over Constitutional Court Petition…

    Published

    on

    Lawyers representing embattled Kawempe North Member of Parliament (MP) Muhammad Ssegirinya, Makindye West’s Allan Ssewanyana and other accused persons are set to put up a spirited legal fight against the Director Public Prosecution (DPP) Justice Jane Abodo’s plans to hide the State witnesses in the main criminal trial before the Crimes War Division of the High Court.

    On Thursday, Justice Abodo, through her Assistant Lino Anguzo, the lead prosecutor in the trial told the pre-trial presiding judge Justice Elizabeth Jane Alividza that they have filed an ex-parte application to allow the state to protect the witnesses from the media and the public when they are testifying.

    Lino told Court that the witnesses they want to protect are very instrumental in their case and they will play a strong part to help Court to deliver justice to the accused persons and the deceased.

    However, speaking to theGrapevine, Geoffrey Turyamusima, one of the lawyers representing the accused persons insisted that they have agreed with their clients to challenge the witness protection application.

    “No, we are going to challenge that application, they have disclosed to us the witnesses who are set to testify against our clients and we have been seeing some of these witnesses in the media.

    “They are the family members of the deceased, friends and security personnel. Now, what do they want to protect?” Turyamusima wondered.

    Court has not yet set the hearing date for the application and other applications including the human rights enforcement application and the bail applications of all the accused persons.

    Other accused persons on the file are; Jackson Kanyike, Jude Mugerwa, Bull Wamala, Mike Sserwadda and Jude Muwongo.

    They are all together with the legislators battling murder, attempted murder and terrorism charges.

    State alleges that the accused persons were behind the Greater Masaka panga wielding goons who killed over 28 elderly people.

    LAWYER MABIRIZI WANTED TO HELD THE TRIAL

    In a new development, controversial incarcerated city lawyer Hassan Male Mabirizi has applied to the Crimes War Division of the High Court to halt the pre-trial of the accused persons until the determination of his Constitutional petition against the Attorney General.

    In his Constitutional petition, Mabirizi insisted that Ssegirinya and Ssewanyana are being politically persecuted by the state and the additional criminal charges brought against them are unjustifiable.

    However, Turyamusima told theGrapevine that they will oppose Mabirizi’s application to stay proceedings of their clients because he doesn’t want them to rot in prison given that the Constitution Court is going to take a lot of time to determine his Constitutional petition.

    Turyamusima added that what they want as per now is a speedy trial for their clients because they have established that the state doesn’t have evidence against them.

    He emphasised that the only application filed by Mabirizi, which they will support is the one where he calls for merging of the two files, one at the Crimes War Division of the High Court and the other at Masaka High Court.

    Recently, the accused persons applied for the merging of both files and the presiding judge promised that their matter will be handled in the pre-trial process.

    Early this year, Justice Musa Sekaana, the head of the High Court Civil Division Kampala sentenced Mabirizi to 18 months imprisonment on charges of contempt of Court.

     

    By Sengooba Alirabaki

    Comments

    Continue Reading

    CRIME

    Speaker Among, Top Parliament Staff To Be Quizzed Over MP Kagabo’s Shs40m Bribe Allegations; Legislator Risks Losing His Bukoto South Seat…

    Published

    on

    MP Twaha Kagabo (L) and Speaker Anita Among (R)

    Detectives from the office of the Inspector General of Government (IGG) are set to record statements from the Speaker of parliament Annet Anita Among and other parliamentary staff on the allegations of giving Shs40m bribe to Members of Parliament.

    Ali Munira, the spokesperson of the office of the IGG revealed that their detectives have widened their investigations and a number of witnesses will been summoned to record statements over Dr. Twaha Kagabo’s bribe allegations.

    She declined to confirm whether speaker Among will record a statement.

    However, multiple credible sources in the IGG’s office confirmed that Speaker Among will record a statement on grounds that she is a subject matter in the allegation.

    Kagabo claims that in July this year, he received a phone call telling him to go to Nakasero at the home of speaker Among and pick his gift. When he reached Among’s house, he was given Shs40m and told that it was a package from parliament administration prepared for legislators.

    Sources at the IGG’s office divulged that Kagabo has recorded two statements and was ordered to report to the IGG’s office every day to establish how far the investigations against the allegations have reached.

    Sources added that among other people the detectives want to pick statements from are officers from Uganda Communication Communication who will help to verify the owners of the phone numbers which were used to call Kagabo to allegedly go to the Speakers home, to pick his gift.

    The Investigators will also rely on the evidence of the CCTV cameras at the speaker’s home around Nakasero to establish whether the legislator was seen at the home of the speaker at that particular time.

    Among denied all the allegations and recommended that the legislator be taken to Rules, Privileges and Disciplinary parliamentary Committee and be investigated.

    Sources in parliament revealed that the speaker will also testify in the Committee to defend herself.

    However, Uganda’s representative in the East African parliament and a renown senior legislator James Kakooza told theGrapevine that Kagabo is in big trouble and he cannot survive losing his Bukoto South parliamentary seat.

    He explained that the Leadership Code is very clear that when a person holding a public office receives a gift worth more than Shs400,000, he or she has to declare it to the IGG within 24 hours which he failed to do.

    He added that it will be hard for Kagabo to place Among on the scene of crime because there is no touchable evidence since he didn’t sign anywhere when he was given the money and the speaker herself was not the one handing him the bribe.

    “I think my young brother was playing politics and he is finished. Now, what we want the investigators to tell us is, who gave him that ‘kanyama’ (bodyguard) who was carrying the bag which contained the money. I established that my young brother was under captive and the Kanyama was the one ordering him to do whatever he did,” Kakooza said.

    NUP’s president Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu alis Bobi Wine praised Kagabo for following his advice and returning the bribe like he advised his legislators unlike his other colleagues who received the bribe but refused to return it.

    He pleaded to IGG and other investigation agencies to investigate the matter with care instead of victimising the legislator.

     

    By Sengooba Alirabaki

    Comments

    Continue Reading

    CRIME

    THOU SHALT NOT STEAL: Busiro South Legislator Nsubuga To Pay Shs.30m For Stealing Mobile Phone Valued At Shs.80,000…

    Published

    on

    MP Paul Nsubuga

    Controversial Busiro South Member of Parliament (MP) Paul Nsubuga has reached an agreement with a city business woman to pay her Shs.30m for stealing her mobile phone worth Shs80,000.

    On Friday, Buganda Road Court State prosecutor Lydia Nakato informed the presiding magistrate Siena Owomugisha that both parties have reached an agreement and the accused accepted to compasate the complainant with Shs.30m to settle the matter out of Court.

    The prosecutor shared with Court the agreement which both parties signed and to show commitment, the legislator deposited Shs.5m and it was agreed that he is going to pay the remaining balance within a month.

    “In the interest of promotion of reconciliation between the parties, this matter is stood over. The accused is discharged and set free,” she said.

    Last month, Buganda Road Court issued an arrest warrant against the legislator after he snubbed Court sittings three times.

    Gloria Namengo, a resident of Kawempe Division Kampala City dragged Nsubuga to police accusing him of stealing her phone worth Shs80,000.

    She also said that on the phone, there was mobile money amounting to Shs4.5m.

    She told police that Nsubuga stole the phone from her shop at Nakasero opposite Shoprite in 2019.

    On closing the file, the presiding magistrate directed that Court should return the Shs1m which Nsubuga deposited to be released on Court bail.

    “Abide by the terms of the reconciliation if you don’t want to be produced back in court,” she notified.

     

    By Hope Kalamira and Sengooba Alirabaki

    Comments

    Continue Reading

    like us

    TRENDING

    theGrapevine is a subsidiary of Newco Publications Limited, a Ugandan multimedia group.
    We keep you posted on the latest from Uganda and the World. COPYRIGHT © 2022
    P.O Box 5511, Kampala - Uganda Tel: +256-752 227640 Email: info@thegrapevine.co.ug
    theGrapevine is licenced by Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)