Connect with us
  • SPORTS

    Death At Birth: Fans Force All “Top 6” English Clubs Out Of The European Super League…

    Published

    on

    All English football's "top six" clubs have opted out of the European Super League

    All six Premier League teams involved in the European Super League have now withdrawn from the competition.

    Manchester City were the first club to pull out after Chelsea had signalled their intent to do so by preparing documentation to withdraw.

    The other four sides – Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham – have all now followed suit.

    Meanwhile, the Super League said it would reconsider “the most appropriate steps” to reshape the project.

    The 12-team Super League was announced on Sunday to widespread condemnation.

    Manchester City confirmed they have “formally enacted the procedures to withdraw” from the Super League.

    Liverpool said their involvement in the proposed breakaway league “has been discontinued”.

    Arsenal said; “As a result of listening to you and the wider football community over recent days we are withdrawing from the proposed Super League. We made a mistake, and we apologise for it.”

    Chelsea confirmed that it has begun the formal procedures for withdrawal from the European Super League, having decided that their continued participation in these plans would not be in the best interests of the Club, their supporters or the wider football community.

    Manchester United will not be participating in the European Super League after “listening carefully” to the reaction from fans, the UK government and other key stakeholders.

    Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy said the club regretted the “anxiety and upset” caused by the proposal.

    Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin welcomed the reversal, adding: “They are back in the fold now and I know they have a lot to offer not just to our competitions but to the whole of the European game.

    “The important thing now is that we move on, rebuild the unity that the game enjoyed before this and move forward together.”

    In a statement, the European Super League said: “Given the current circumstances we shall reconsider the most appropriate steps to reshape the project, always having in mind our goals of offering fans the best experience possible while enhancing solidarity payments for the entire football community.”

    English football’s ‘big six’ were part of a group, also containing Spain’s Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Real Madrid and Italy’s AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus, that announced plans to form the breakaway league, which they hoped to establish as a new midweek competition.

    It was condemned by fans, football authorities and government ministers in the UK and across Europe by Uefa and league associations.

    Around 1,000 fans gathered outside Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge ground before their game against Brighton on Tuesday to protest at their club’s involvement.

    Comments

    SPORTS

    FUFA Bans All Fans From Stadiums!…

    Published

    on

    Nelson Mandela Memorial Stadium-Namboole

    FUFA has issued Circular number 1136 directing all clubs not to admit fans to the stadiums until further notice.

    The communication signed off by the FUFA Deputy CEO-Football Decolas Kiiza was issued on Thursday 3rd June 2021.

    The circular addressed to FUFA Members, Special Interest Groups of FUFA and Stakeholders reads;

    As you are all aware according to statistics from the Ministry of Health there is an upsurge in the number of COVID-19 cases as well as deaths in Uganda.

    FUFA had earlier allowed up to 200 fans to watch FUFA organised and FUFA authorized competitions with strong adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). This is no longer tenable in the current situation.

    Therefore, in order to ensure the Health and Safety of players, Technical staff and all stakeholders, all matches shall be played without spectators or fans until further notice.

    “As we wind up the 1st Division, 2nd Division and the Uganda Cup there shall be no fans in the stadiums,” FUFA emphasised, encouraging teams to limit all other authorized personnel to the bear minimum.

    As per the warning, SOPs must be strictly observed and COVID-19 vaccination enhanced by football officials and players throughout the country.

    Comments

    Continue Reading

    SPORTS

    Mukwala Joins Cranes Camp!…

    Published

    on

    URA striker Steven Mukwala has been summoned to the Cranes camp

    URA FC striker Steven Mukwala has joined the Uganda Cranes camp after a late call up by interim coach Abdallah Mubiru.

    The summoned squad of 34 players is preparing for an international friendly match against Bafana Bafana slated for 10th June 2021 in South Africa.

    Mukwala now joins three other tax collectors in the Cranes camp including his club captain Shafik Kagimu, Patrick Mbowa and Ivan Sserubiri to bring the number to four.

    URA’s number nine has so far had 20 goal involvements in 24 league appearances this season. Second, on the top scorers’ chart with only two goals less, Mukwala has scored 14 goals and assisted up to six times.

    The striker has already surpassed his last season’s tally where he scored 13 goals in 21 games hence finishing as the league’s top scorer of the 2019/20 season. The season was abandoned after 25 games due to the emergence of the Covid19 pandemic.

    The 21-year-old joins Mubiru’s side outfit hugely dominated by young players mostly featuring in the domestic league, while others make their debut appearances on the National team.

    Comments

    Continue Reading

    SPORTS

    Fred Kajoba Deserts Vipers SC After Argument With His Boss…

    Published

    on

    Fred Kajoba

    Fred Kajoba has definitely left his role as head coach of Vipers Sports.

    According to local sports website Footbal256, Kajoba decided to end his relationship with Vipers SC after the club’s technical director Charles Masembe asked him to decide between Vipers and the Uganda Cranes.

    “When I went for our afternoon training session at Vipers, Mr. Masembe called me in his office and asked me to choose between Vipers and Uganda,” Kajoba told Football256.

    “Without thinking twice, I told him I choose Uganda, when Vipers hired me I was working with the Uganda Cranes and I will always choose the Cranes any day over any club job.”

    “So I have resigned from the job, I have said my good byes to the players and I am leaving the premises now,” Kajoba added as he left St Mary’s Stadium.

    Apparently, Kajoba at the expense of Vipers’ training had earlier today been part of the Cranes training at the MTN Omondi Stadium Lugogo as the side commenced preparations for their June 10th friendly with South Africa in Johannesburg.

    Trouble ensued there, provided that there is less than 48 hours to Viper’s Stanbic Uganda Cup quarterfinal return leg against SC Villa at the Military barracks in Bombo.

    Kajoba joined Vipers midway the 2019/2020 StarTimes Uganda Premier League season and led them to their fourth title much as the season was cancelled with five games to.

    It is not yet clear whether Kajoba leaves with his trusted right hand man Paul Kiwanuka or the latter will stay to see Vipers through the reminder of the season together with Francis Mugerwa and goalkeeping coach Ibrahim Mugisha.

    Before his resignation, Vipers were third on the Premier League log on 56 points, two points behind log leaders Express and one point behind second placed URA.

    Comments

    Continue Reading

    like us

    TRENDING