Connect with us

    GUNS OUT: The People You Are Supporting Killed My Father, I’m Back To Claim What Is Mine – OWC Boss Sylvia Owori Hits Back At MP Opendi, Vows To Drag Her To Court For Tarnishing Her Name…



    Uganda’s Fashion icon who also doubles as the director of Operation Wealth Creation (OWC), Sylvia Owori has come out guns blazing to defend herself against allegations from Tororo Woman Member of Parliament (MP) Hon. Sarah Opendi.

     Owori has been accused of allegedly grabbing land, harassing and intimidating residents of Nyangore sub-county in Tororo district.

     According to residents, Owori has been harassing and threatening them under the disguise of Operation Wealth Creation using President Museveni’s name.

     The residents petitioned Hon. Opendi who also brought the matter before parliament.

     In their outcry to Hon. Opendi, the residents revealed that Owori has allegedly grabbed over 90 acres of their land with the help of armed security officers.

     “The residents are living in fear due to the continued harassment, provocation, intimidation and sometimes attacks. Owori has already displaced some families, fenced off compounds and gardens of crops, and continues to encroach on other lands under the watch of her armed security officers,” Hon. Opendi said.

     The petition was presented before parliament during the sitting of 19th May, 2022.

     Hon. Opendi reported that Owori’s armed officers had allegedly inflicted injuries on innocent residents who they found working in their gardens and collecting firewood on the land that Owori claims is hers.

     Hon. Opendi further revealed that Owori even shut down Heroes Foundation Primary School blocking teachers and students from accessing it claiming that the land on which the school was built belongs to her.

     “In an attempt to stop access to the land, she erected a tomb apparently belonging to her late grandfather in the compound of the primary school in September 2020,” Hon. Opendi noted.

     According to Hon. Opendi, the resident’s efforts to get help from local authorities against Owori have been futile since she has continuously ignored court summons.

     However, when theGrapevine contacted Owori for a comment on the matter, she dismissed the allegations saying Opendi made reckless statements moreover on the floor of parliament without the correct information or doing a background check.

     Owori narrated to theGrapevine that, “Opendi is a reckless Member of Parliament who is tarnishing my good name. She fears that I might stand against her and remove her from parliament anytime soon because of the good work that I am doing for my people in the area she represents.

     “Out of envy, she is just tarnishing my name. She is an area MP, ask her whether she has reported this matter to Resident District Commissioner (RDC) or to the police.”

     According to Owori, people being used by Opendi are those that killed her grandfather in 1942 in the battle for the ownership of the controversial land.

     “So when my grandfather died, the land was left in the hands of my father George William Owori, but again these same people paid some goons and murdered him as well in 1980 and on burial, these same people appeared with guns, so out of fear of what would happen to us next, we run away to Kampala till recently when I went back to fight for what belonged to my parents. So these are the people Opendi is backing,” She told theGrapevine on phone.

     In fact, Owori did not only dismiss the baseless allegations but also vowed to drag Opendi to court for tarnishing her name just for political gains.

     “In fact, let her be warned, I am going to sue her. This matter is in court, why is she running to parliament to tarnish my name yet she knows these matters are in court and the process is going on very well legally? She is just a reckless member of parliament who doesn’t trust courts of law. By the way that’s how people destroy other people’s names, now imagine if I didn’t have a voice?” she asked.


    By Kobusiinge Monica




    CONFESSION: I Fear Losing My Child – Mother Narrates How His Son Is On Edge Of Death After Being Forcefully Jabbed By School…



    14-year-old Jonah Luyinda in hospital

    Parents of 14-year-old Jonah Luyinda are in tears, pondering on what to do next to save their son who is slowly sliding to his grave after being vaccinated.

    Luyinda, a student of St. Martin Secondary School, Jjanya, Mpigi is suffering from multiple organ failure after allegedly being vaccinated against Covid-19 and he is currently fighting for his dear life at Kiruddu Hospital.

    In an exclusiuve interview with theGrapevine, Luyinda’s parents and relatives narrated what happened to their son.

    Luyinda’s mother Nalwadda Tendo narrated that it all started when they got a call from a friend who studies with Jonah at St. Martin that his health was worsening.

    Jonah’s mother recounted, “In march this year, when students went back to school, we got a call from Luyinda’s female friend that he was in bad health. She told us that Jonah had high fever and was vomiting profusely. The friend however told us that he was receiving treatment from the school.

    “I thought that it is this normal fever that students always get at school and on hearing that he was receiving medication, I was comfortable that he will be fine.

    “But still, I called the deputy headteacher Mr. Mulimira. He assured me that my son was in perfect health and was in class attending his lessons.”

    Nalwadda added that a few days later, a friend of hers who has students in the same school told her that she had taken some school requirements for her children, but while there, her children told her that Jonah’s health was worring and that he needed to be taken out of school for further medical attention.

    “I was very scared because I had not yet received any official communication from the school about my son’s health. I kept calling Mr. Mulimira’s number but he was not picking.

    “Surprisingly, two day later, Mr. Mulimira called me and told me that Jonah’s health was worsening and because the school could no longer handle him, they had written a later permitting him to leave school to seek better medical care.

    “Mr. Mulimira told me that he had instructed Jonah’s female friend, who knew where his family stays (in Buloba) to accompany him home since he barely walked.”

    With tears rolling down her cheeks, Nalwadda told theGrapevine that, “When I looked at my son’s condition, I almost collapsed. His stomach had swollen to the extent that you could think he was pregnant, his legs, arms and face were also swollen.”

    “I quickly organised some money and we drove Jonah to  Kitebi Health Centre III.

    “By just looking at my son, the doctor quickly told me that it seems he has a kidney problem. He gave us a prescription of drugs for Jonah to take and we paid Sh.50,000.”

    A camera shy Nalwadda could not contain her tears, she told Jonah’s elder brother to continue the discussion with us.

    Jonah’s brother Nsubuga Jasper


    Janah’s brother Nsubuga Jasper, who we also found at Kiruddu helping their mother told us that on the night of March 17th  2022, Jonah’s condition worsened.

    “They called me from home that my young brother was going to die. I ran like a mad man to Buloba. When I reached home, I found him in bad shape, vomiting blood. He also could not breath well. We quickly drove him to Kiruddu hospital.

    “It was late in the night at around 2:00am. When we reached Kiruddu, the security people at the gate refused to open for us saying that it was late and all the doctors had left,” he narrated.

    Nsubuga added, “I turned the car and we drove to Rubaga hospital. By this time, Jonah had stopped breathing. The doctors rushed him to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital.

    “They used an Automated External Defibrillators (AED) device to attempt to get his heart to return to its normal pumping rhythm. Meanwhile we were all praying to God to give him a second chance. God heard our prayers and Jonah breathed again.

    “We went through that night and at around midday the next day, the doctor called us in his room and told us that Jonah had water in his lungs that is why he has difficulty in breathing. He recommended that we take him to Kiruddu hospital because they are better equipped to handle his situation.

    “However, while we were leaving his office, he asked us whether Jonah received a Covid19 jab. Because it is something we never asked, and Jonah, who could give us the answer was still unconscious, we told him he has never been vaccinated against Covid19.”

    Nsubuga disclosed that they used the hospital ambulance and at around 3:00pm, they reached Kiruddu hospital and the doctors took Jonah straight to the ICU of the hospital.

    They also carried out multiple tests on him.

    “Afterwards, the doctor called us to his office and asked us the same question the Rubaga hospital doctor asked, “did you vaccinate this child against Covid19”?

    “We told him we didn’t. He showed us Jonah’s X-ray photos and while explaining to us, he castigated us on why we had allowed our child to take a Covid19 jab. But we kept insisting that he was not vaccinated.

    “He explained to us the vaccine had badly affected his two kidneys and because the kidneys and they could no longer cleanse the blood of toxins hence the liver, lungs and heart were also weak.


    Nsubuga told our reporter that they waited for Jonah to regain his cautiousness so that he can tell them whether he was vaccinated.

    When he slowly started improving, he told them that the school told everyone to be vaccinated to attend lessons.

    He added that they were warned that anyone who refuses to be vaccinated will not attend lessons.

    When he was vaccinated, he started feeling unhealthy and so were some of his friends.

    However, Jonah explained that his condition deteriorated. Parts of his body started swelling, he got a high fever and his body started itching so much.

    Nsubuga said that, “When we called the Deputy headteacher, he told us that Jonah’s matter was forwarded to the school board and he could no longer comment about it. After our discussion, he blocked us and totally cut off communication between us and them.”

    He added, “When the new term began, I went to St. Martin Secondary School to talk to the headteacher Mr. Mpagazi Raphael. When I asked him what happened to my brother he refused to answer. I then asked him why they jabbed him without our consent.

    “The headteacher told me that it was an order from the District Health Officer (DHO) and the chairperson of the area to vaccinate all students. He divulged these government officials told them that they were also following an order from the President. He also told me that Jonah’s issue was submitted to the school board so he had nothing much to tell me.”

    Jonah fighting for his life


    Nsubuga told theGrapevine that because his young brother is taking many drugs to keep him alive, he keeps loosing memory.

    “He can recognise us sometimes but after a while he forgets who we are,” a sad Nsubuga narrated.

    He added that Jonah also developed ulcers yet he keeps losing appetite. They fear that they might lose him since they need a lot of money to treat him which they don’t have.

    “Doctors have already warned us that he may soon have multiple organ failure because most of his damaged organs are overworking to keep him alive yet he is on strong medication.

    “We have so far spent over Shs. 25 million on him, but our fear now is we need a lot more to keep him alive, money that we don’t currently have,” he sniveled.


    When our reporter talked to Mr. Emmanuel Ainebyoona, the Ministry of Health spokesperson, he said that they got to know about Jonah’s predicament in the press.

    When they got the information, they quickly sent their health experts to examine him and come up with a report which they will present to the ministry and the country will officially be informed.

    On the issue of vaccinating children, Ainebyoona warned that children are not supposed to be vaccinated without the consent of their parents.

    “To vaccinate children, we have to get consent from parents because we even do it for adults above 18. We first give them a consent form which they fill for them to be vaccinated,” he said.

    On Tuesday this week, the Minister of Health, Jane Ruth Aceng, said that any vaccination involving children will only be carried out with the full permission of parents.

    “Nobody should tell you that the Ministry of Health is vaccinating any child,” she said.

    She revealed that the ministry is yet to push the idea with the ministry education and is yet to have a whole task force sit down and discuss this issue.


    By Omulangira Ddembe Jonah


    Continue Reading


    SWORN ENEMIES: Is Pastor Bujjingo Battle With NBS Boss Kin Kariisa Soon Turning ‘Bloody’? And Is His Degree Fake!…



    House of Prayer Ministries lead Pastor Aloysious Bujjingo (L), NEXT media boss Kin Kaliisa (C) and former Vision Group boss Robert Kabushenga (R)

    House of Prayer Ministries International lead pastor Aloysious Bujjingo has fired back and Next Media boss Kin Kariisa for allowing his journalists to use his platforms to attack him.

    On Friday, Bujjingo joined 65 other graduands who graduated in different discipline at Kayiwa International University (KINTU).

    KINTU is owned by Professor Simeon Kayiwa, who is also a Pastor at Namirembe Christian Fellowship. It is located along Balintuma Road, in Mengo.

    Bujjingo, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Salt Media, the biggest and most popular Christian founded media house, graduated with a Bachelor of Theology and Integrated Studies.

    After his graduation, some media houses led by NBS and Bukedde newspaper were quick to punch holes in Bujjingo’s degree.

    During his Sunday Service yesterday, Bujjingo said, “I wanted to ask Frank Gashumba, since I always see him on NBS, and he is social, to help me ask his Muvandimwe colleague Kin Kariisa, what beef does he have against me. The true Beef.

    “If I respect his degree, why is his establishments (media house) spreading wrong information that my degree is fake! They are spreading this wrong information ignorantly, not knowing that I’m not looking for a job. I’m an employer. I’m not looking for a job.”

    He added, “When they alleged that I didn’t go to school, they give it publicity, when you go to school and finish studies, they say it is fake. When you get married, they blame you for it, yet we know that the number of women they have cannot be counted.”


    The battle between Bujjingo, Kariisa and Vision Group (under Kabushenga), started when Bujjingo filed for divorce at the High Court family division.

    Bujjingo wanted to divorce his wife Teddy Naluswa citing irreconcilable differences.

    Naluswa denied Bujjingo’s allegations and vowed never to divorce him because it is against her faith.

    During this battle, Naluswa used New Vision and Bukedde, all under Kabushenga by then to write stories that cheered her and castigated Bujjingo.

    Later, Naluswa also got allies from Kin Kariisa’s NBS TV.

    During Uncut Kalakata gossip show on NBS at 7:45pm, before it was shifted to 10:00pm for violating UCC rules, Bujjingo and Naluswa saga was always the lead story.

    At the height of the saga, NBS published a video of the home of Bujjingo’s parents in Rwanda and the presenters of the show accompanied it with statements insinuating that he had failed to take care of his parent who are living in a small ram shacked house in Rwanda while their son is living large in Uganda.

    Bujjingo, his wife Makula, his parents and Prof. Simeon Kayiwa (in red) after his Graduation

    This video and the demeaning statements that accompanied it angered the Salt Media boss and he vowed never to forgive Kariisa for allowing his journalists to invade his parents private space.

    Sensing the trouble their son was in, after the controversial video, Bujjingo’s parents quickly travelled to Uganda (from Rwanda) and apologetically told their son that their grand daughter (Doreen Gift Bujjingo) tricked them and recorded a video of their home in Rwanda without their knowledge which she gave to NBS.

    They told their son that they thought that their grand daughter was recording moments between a ‘Muzzukulu’ (grand daughter) and her grandparents, but they were shocked to hear news that they were on TV and all over social media.

    Bujjingo’s parents further told him that they were ashamed of what their grand daughter did. They told him that they are proud of the simple life they are living in Rwanda and the support he gives them was enough.

    During one of his sermons, a bitter Bujjingo castigated Kariisa and asked him how he would feel if his parents’ private space was invaded and exposed.

    “I can forgive him (Kariisa) for all the wrongs and malice from his media house, but exposing my innocent parents and bringing them into our issues was inhuman,” Bujjingo told a friend.

    Meanwhile, Kariisa’s NBS kept firing in the stories for Naluswa and against Bujjingo supported by New Vision and Bukedde, led by Robert Kabushenga by then.

    When the battle subsided and court started hearing Bujingo’s divorce case, NBS went mute on the matter.

    Along the way, Kabushenga was fired as Vision Group CEO, and later, his colleague Godfrey Kulubya, who was the head at Bukedde newspaper was forced into retirement.

    It looked like the war was over.


    Fast forward last weekend, when Bujjingo graduated from KINTU, Bukedde ran a front page screaming headline in their Sunday edition saying: “Bugingo: Engeri Kayiwa Gy’amusibye diguli ey’ebicupuli” translated as, “How Kayiwa gave Bujjingo a fake degree”.

    This angered Bujjingo who decided to turn guns on Kabushenga blaming him for nurturing the journalism that only looks for bad things at Vision Group.

    Still in his Sunday sermon yesterday, Bujjingo said, “I see some people like Robert Kabushenga crying in videos on different social media platforms. He is saying he is broke since he is not working, but so many people lost jobs while he was at the helm of New Vision.

    “He will be answerable before the Lord for the people and businesses he killed. You cannot tell me that you head a company but you do not know what is going on.”

    He added, “I manage Salt Media group with a lot of wisdom from God, but if my editorial team is going to air or broadcast some things, they first ask for my opinion.

    “Even when I don’t have too much knowledge about it. They have to ask me and I use my God given knowledge to stop it especially if it will lead to breaking someone’s family or integrity or business. The standard that Kabushenga built at Vision Group was to look out for bad things only.”

    Bujjingo asserted that Kabushega is lying about being broke, “He is not struggling like he says. He made a lot of money soiling our names and even set up a farm, he is ok. But he is now making an alarm to attract the President’s attention.”


    When theGrapevine spoke to Prof. Kayiwa on phone, he declined to comment on the matter until after two days.

    “Get back to me after two days. In two days, I will be able to comment on that matter,” Kayiwa told theGrapevine on phone.

    KINTU was given a stamp of approval by National Council of Higher Education (MCHE) and given an operation license number UIPL027 on 28th September, 2015.

    However, Bukedde newspaper on Sunday quoted an anonymous source saying that NCHE wrote to Kayiwa in 2018 asking him to fulfil some requirements in 6 month.

    The paper further alleged that in March 2020, after failing to fulfill the requirements, NCHE revoked KINTU license.

    However, independent sources at KINTU intimated to theGrapevine that the University is an affiliate of United Graduate College and Seminary International (UGCS), a biblical seminary that teaches through E-learning.

    When we searched the internet for UGCS, we finally traced their website. They described themselves as, “A non-traditional, online, biblical, Skills & Philosophy education where your smart phone can be your campus!”

    UGCS has offices in Kenya (under Prof. Jared Akama Onyari) and Mozambique (under Prof. Nathan Kahara).


    By Grapevine Team


    Continue Reading


    EXCLUSIVE: I’M READY TO DIE! Gen. Saleh’s Girl Reveals How Her Brother Was Poisoned, Spills Dirty Secrets On How Her Family’s Murderers Are Being Backed By MP Opendi To Finish Her Off….



    OWC boss Sylvia Owori (R) and MP Sarah Opendi (L)

    The Director of Operations at Gen Salim Saleh’s Operation Wealth Creation (OWC), Sylvia Owori has unearthed yet another revelation of how her brother John Rakeem Owori was murdered.

    Owori has asserted that her brother Rakeem Owori was killed by the group of people who are now haunting her and being supported by Tororo Woman Member of Parliament (MP), Hon. Sarah Opendi to take the land that rightfully belongs to Owori family.

    In our previous story (here), Owori defended herself against allegations made by Hon. Opendi, accusing her of grabbing land, harassing and intimidating residents of Nyangore sub-county in Tororo district.

    According to Opendi, residents who petitioned her revealed that Owori has been harassing and threatening them under the disguise of Operation Wealth Creation using President Museveni’s name, an allegation Owori has dismissed saying the land under contention belonged to her grandfather and later her father who were both murdered by the same group Opendi is supporting.

    Speaking to theGrapevine, Owori has vowed that now is the time to open up about all the atrocities that have been committed against her family.

    According to Owori, her brother Rakeem was one of the leading music promoters in 2017 and was the owner of RAKS Entertainment which helped promote local musicians like Chameleon and Ragga Dee both here and in London and was mostly remembered for bringing Singer Sean Paul to perform in Uganda.

    However, when Rakeem visited his ancestral home in Tororo in 2017, the same people Opendi is fronting poisoned him.

    Owori revealed that his brother who had left his wife and four children in the UK was rushed to international Hospital Kampala (IHK) complaining of excruciating pain, after hanging out with his village mates who bought him food and drinks.

    She revealed, “My brother Rakeem Owori, who was a music promoter in the UK was poisoned days after he returned from the UK when they had just destroyed our father’s house and only left my grandmother and my father’s grave. In fact, we slept in a tent that day.

    “We tried to rush him to a nearby hospital but his situation got worse and we had to drive to IHK where he was admitted and died the following day.”

    Sylvia Owori (2nd line,3rd from L) with her boss Salim Saleh (2nd line,5th from L) in a group photo with OWC officials

    Asked whether she has evidence of the alleged poisoning, Owori told theGrapevine that the post-mortem done after her brother’s death confirmed that he died of multiple organ failure as a result of poisoning.

    Owori added, “After his death, we were very scared to go back to the village to bury him there. I had to bury my own brother in the plot I bought in Matugga here in Kampala and to date his remains are still there, am just planning to relocate them in September this year before his anniversary.

    “Those are memories of things that I have been trying not to talk about because they are so emotional. I have been in the media before, but no one has ever heard that painful story, no one knew where I came from because I was scared to bring out the pain that I was holding. To date, my brother’s children are still terrified, they cannot even come back here, because they think they will also be killed.”

    Asked whether she is not afraid of the same people finishing her off, a determined Owori swore that she is more than ready to die defending her family’s legacy.

    “The day they murdered my father is the day they killed me. In fact, they will be killing me twice, my father was my everything, that’s why I’m using his name. I wanted him to be proud of me, I am what I am today because of him. I am not afraid, at least they will have killed me after I officially buried my father. For the very first time on 7th May 2022, I did his last funeral rights,” she told theGrapevine.

    According to Owori, none of the alleged owners has built a home on the land in question that they claim to be theirs.

    “None of these people has a grave for their alleged grandparents, not even a home within the 90 acres they claim to be theirs. Why didn’t they build properties on the land they claim to have occupied for years? The 240 families that Opendi is claiming do not exist, it’s only 8 families, you can even come and verify,” she noted.

    Sylvia Owori (2nd R) with OWC officials

    Shocking still, Owori told theGrapevine that two weeks ago, the same people beat up her employees who were building the graves and later got hammers and tried to remove her late parents’ graves that were under construction.

    “If this was their land, why are they removing the graves that have been there longer than their age? Where were they to remove the graves when my parents were buried there?” she wondered.

    “I reported this matter to the police, the same people were arrested, put in jail but Opendi bailed them out. She paid for their bond yet this is a criminal case which is still even in courts of law,” she added.

    In her conclusion, Owori noted that after several years of her being afraid and hiding in Kampala, she has decided to seek justice for the death of her father and recover his land.

    “That’s the dilemma, I have had to pick myself up and stop being afraid, and decided to fight, if they kill me, fine, at least I will have tried. I am not giving up; I want justice for my father by reclaiming his land. I have been in a lot of pain with a heavy heart for many years.” the fashionista vowed.

    Owori however noted that her main objective in Tororo is to drive her main cause of Operation Wealth Creation to improve the lives of her people and not politics.

    When contacted for a response on the above allegations, Opendi distanced herself saying she is not the petitioner.

    “I am not the petitioner. The people affected petitioned the Speaker through the area MP DR. Otaala. Let her get her facts also right and stop bringing in politics! That I am panicking because she may stand against me! I have fought bigger battles and won!

    “I am an MP, the people, 15 in number accompanied by their sub-county chairperson, met the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Among. The matter was then placed on the order paper. Parliament is where people’s voices are raised. Let’s wait for the committee to investigate and report back together with the Minister,” Opendi told theGrapevine.


    By Kobusiinge Monica


    Continue Reading

    like us


    theGrapevine is a subsidiary of Newco Publications Limited, a Ugandan multimedia group.
    We keep you posted on the latest from Uganda and the World. COPYRIGHT © 2022
    P.O Box 5511, Kampala - Uganda Tel: +256-752 227640 Email:
    theGrapevine is licenced by Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)