Connect with us

NEWS

I Prayed To God To Give Me Another Chance To Correct My Mistakes – Victim Of The Boat Tragedy Gives Life To Christ

Published

on

Arnold Ssimbwa, one of the survivors from Saturday’s boat cruise tragedy has narrated how he defied death. During the Sunday prayers at Victory Christian Center (VCC) in Ndeeba, Mr. Ssimbwa, a close friend to Prince David Wasajja, thanked the Almighty for saving his life.

Mr. Ssimbwa narrated that, “Praise God Brethren, last Saturday I came back when everyone thought I was dead, many of you read my escape story. When I was on the boat, I recorded a video which went viral on social media, I was very drunk but later on I decided to get a nap, I slept on one of the speakers and as I was asleep I felt water in my shoes and I wondered if I had urinated on myself. On top of the boat’s mechanical issues, the condition of the lake was really bad, the boat was not stable as we sailed. It was 8:00pm, I looked forward where we were heading and the strong deadly waves were heading towards us from Gaba side and I said God be with us. I saw it coming, actually when the wave is coming, you see it when its already near so I skimmed to where I could attach myself.

I started drawing survivor plans according to the directions I was thinking of because the distance to the shores was just 200 meters but it was dark for some one to tell and I quickly had to take a decision but for my state I couldn’t swim for long because I knew I could cover only 50 meters and drown. So I remained on the boat and with good luck, fate befell as I had planned and the wave hit my direction.

Ssimbwa being comforted by Pastor Sserwadda

That moment was survival for the fittest and every one was running for his or her dear life. Some gentleman was holding my leg, I asked myself should I kick him? but I couldn’t forgive my self for the rest of my life because I knew he was going to die. Eventually this gentleman left me slowly by slowly and dropped off. I was hanging on the boat while praying that God gives me one more chance I rectify all the mistakes I had done in the world.

When we survived, I went to police, I just told them that I am not among the missing and am not dead, am not a survivor but let me be your case study. On my way from Mutiima beach, I came with 10 people who are not accounted for anywhere on the list, if you are to count, there are so many people who left home without saying where they were going. My wife came back home and she was green about everything that was going on but the maid saw me moving out, she had a premonition the previous night, her instincts told her that I was with prince Wassajja on the boat but she couldn’t tell my wife, she didn’t even eat.

By the way I had earlier warned people not to board the boat because things seemed odd, we were supposed to leave at 10:00am but we left at 5:30pm. When we survived, one of the survivors I found on the shores asked me how I got on the boat because he saw me warn them before we sailed,” Mr. Arnold said.

Comments

NATIONAL

EXCLUSIVE: How Chief Justice Katureebe’s Sight Troubles Started At Swimming Pool, Judiciary Boss Flies Back To South African Hospital For Major Eye Operation

Published

on

The mighty Grapevine can now exclusively reveal how Chief Justice Bart Katureebe’s sight troubles began at a swimming pool in his Nakasero home.

Sources very close to Katureebe have told this website that during 2018 Christmas festivals, the CJ worked out regularly to keep his body fit including running around the compound at his home in Nakasero and around his swimming pool.

“You know swimming is one of the best recommended exercises for people of his age.
Now, while he was stretching, he suffered a hamstring pull. He could not move, he was quickly helped by some of his assistants ,” the source who is always close to the CJ told the Grapevine.
He further narrated that at first, they thought that the hamstring was going to quickly heal but the pain the highest judge in Uganda felt intensified.
The source further revealed that Katureebe was first taken to his personal doctor in Bukoto who recommended that he should be flown to South Africa. In South Africa, Katureebe went
through several operations on th dorsum near the shoulder which was affected by the hamstring.

The source further revealed that
after several operations, the CJ recovered and flew back home. A few weeks after these operations, he started developing eye sight problems, he could not see properly and he was feeling a lot of pain in one of his eyes.

The former Bunyaruguru constitutional Assembly member was driven back to his doctor who carried out several medical examinations. The doctor discovered that the CJ’s eye sight was as a result of the dorsum operation that he had.
His doctor talked to the South African medic who operated on Katureebe. The South African Medic advised them to fly him back to South Africa for further medical check ups.

In South Africa, the doctors recommended that Katureebe must under go several eye operations but before officially being discharged, he
pleaded with the doctors to allow him to come back and deliver his age limit judgment because it was a matter of national importance.

Our source further revealed that doctors warned Katureebe not to strain his eyes more by reading for long hours. They also advised him that
immediately after delivering the judgment, he should quickly fly back to hospital for the eye operation.
The source however refused to disclose the hospital where the chief justice was admitted for fear of blowing his ccover but authoritatively revealed that he travelled back to hospital
over the weekend after reading the age limit judgment.

The source revealed that yesterday (Tuesday), Katureebe was expected to undergo
another eye operation.

It should be remembered that during the reading of the controversial age limit judgment, Katureebe told failed to read his full judgement saying that he had sight problems.
Katureebe is not the only judicial officer who is affected by sight problems. Hon. Lady Justice Dr. Esther Kisakye, a supreme court justice also recently under went several eye operations in Uganda, America and South Africa hospitals. Kisakye’s sickness even delayed the delivering of the presidential election petition between incumbent Yoweri Museveni and Amama Mbabazi. Other justices had to wait for Kisakye to come back to deliver the judgment.

When the Grapevine spoke to Solomon Muyita, the senior communication officer to the judiciary, he confirmed that it’s true the CJ is in South Africa for an operation.
“He actually said it himself before they delivered their age limit judgement. He said that he had to set an early date for the judgement because he was going for an operation on the 22nd of this month,” Muyita told the Grapevine.

But information reaching this website indicates that the chief justice is very bitter with negative criticism he received from the general public especially lawyers and the media over his age limit judgement.

By Jamil Lutakome

Comments

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

I Don’t Enjoy Being Teargassed – Besigye Blasts Critics, Asks Mbabazi To Stop Hiding Behind Doors And Curtains, Tells Bobi To Learn From His Political Experience

Published

on

Opposition strongman Dr. Kizza Besigye has blasted former presidential candidate Patrick Amama Mbabazi on his last statement that he is politically selfish.

Veteran journalist Simon Kaggwa Njagala who had hosted Besigye on NBS TV’s famous morning breeze show tasked him to explain to the nation why he is selfish and why he thinks that without him no one can lead the opposition. Njala cited statements made by opposition leaders like Mbabazi and members of the DP block.

The four times presidential candidate asked Mbabazi to stop banding him as a selfish politician when he is hiding behind doors and curtains. He tasked him to come out and publicly tell Ugandans who are yearning for change that Besigye is politically selfish then Ugandans decide.

“I have no problem with anybody to lead the struggle and I have never fought for positions.  So, whoever wants to be a leader of the struggle should come and leads us. I don’t enjoy being teargassed and shot at with bullets, I am not really anxious to be in teargas. I have never seen    Bwanika in the heat of things, I have never stopped them,” Besigye said. 

The defiant man from Rukungiri revealed that he is not politically the same as Museveni as many people claim including people in the opposition.  He said that even though he is battling with treason charges, president Museveni must also be charged with treason charges because he has committed a lot of atrocities. He cited a situation when Museveni ordered military personnel in the broad day light to attack the Members of Parliament who did not support the lifting of age limit from the constitution.  The former political commissioner in the NRA government insisted that what Museveni did was a sign of dictatorship and even his predecessor, the late Milton Obote never did such when he was abolishing the constitution through the pigeon hole constitution and MPs were not beaten.

Besigye (L) with Bobi Wine (R)

Besigye also reacted to the bitter statements issued by people power leader and Kyadondo East Member of parliament Robert Kyagulanyi alias Bobi Wine that it’s not democratic for someone to stand four times for presidency and later claim that election cannot remove a dictator from power.  Besigye said that all the new opposition members should learn from them and clearly understand why veterans stand for presidency many times.

“The struggle today is not a struggle for leadership, we have nothing to lead, we have to first regain the country. The struggle is to end the rule of the few. This struggle is not my struggle but a struggle must help all Ugandans to regain freedom and control of their country,” Besiggye said.

He noted that the reason why he is challenging Museveni’s 2021 presidential bid is that Museveni uses his executive powers to frustrate other candidates. He gave an example of the last election where he was arrested in the middle of his campaigns. He advised other opposition members to understand the difference between winning an election and taking power. He cited the 2016 elections which he said he won but was denied victory and not allowed to even challenge Museveni’s claimed victory in courts of law because he was put under house arrest.

By Jamil Lutakome and Evalyne Musimenta

Comments

Continue Reading

CELEBRITY GOSSIP

Abtex And Bajjo Are Conmen, They Want Bobi Wine To Fall Into M7’s Trap – Tamale Mirundi: Some People Have Been Paid To Be Stupid – Abtex Fires Back

Published

on

L-R: Events organisers Abtex and Bajjo with Mirundi

President Museveni’s former Press Secretary Joseph Tamale Mirundi has warned Kyadondo East legislator Robert Kyagulanyi Sentamu alias Bobi Wine to be careful while dealing with people like events organisers Abtex and Bajjo claiming they are conmen.

While speaking to Sanyuka TV’s Uncut, Mirundi cautioned Bobi Wine to be careful because the two events managers especially Abtex will fail him. He added that the two are claiming that they are putting up Bobi concerts yet in actual sense they are trying to lure him into a trap by getting money from Museveni.

In his words, Tamale Mirundi said, “the one who stopped Bobi Wine from singing is the one who will allow him sing again so, now they have not allowed him to sing. Secondly, Bobi said he wants to be president, he is not a candidate now. The law allows a candidate to stage rallies but that will be in 2021 when the year is ending, they will give them three months. He is not a presidential candidate now. He is the Kyadondo east Member of Parliament meaning he is not allowed to stage rallies,” the presidential adviser on Media warned.

He continued, “thirdly, the government said Bobi Wine turns his concerts into political rallies, this man who puts on a hat (Abtex) has over failed Bobi Wine, I wish some people attack him because they are playing Bobi. If those men just come up and say that they are going to share the money they get from Museveni with Bobi wine, he will have fallen because he will have deceived his fans, people will think he is a thief.”

ABTEX FIRES BACK

When the Grapevine contacted Abtex, he told us that people like Mirundi have been paid by the state to be stupid.

“People saying such things have been paid to be stupid. Right now, Bobi Wine has put a lot of pressure on Museveni, He never expected a young man like Bobi to put him under a lot of pressure, he was used to the Maos and Besigyes. I cannot at the moment present myself as the person trying to fight Bobi Wine. When Bobi entered politics, he wanted to leave stage performances, I personally convinced him to keep performing on stage. Tony Sempijja, who is an NRM mole took some events organisers to President Museveni who gave them over 1.8 billion, now, me and Bajjo never went there. I personally fought enemy forces to make sure that Bobi performs at the Kabaka’s enkuuka fete. How can a man who did all that fight his own creation. Right now, they have hired bloggers and people like Mirundi to spoil our names. We were arrested and caged with Bobi Wine because we were fighting hard to make sure that his Busabala concert stands, how them can one say that we want his downfall?

We don’t want any compensation from president Museveni, we just want him to allow Bobi to sing and hold his concerts,” Abtex said.

He added that they have hired the Lord Mayor Erias Lukwago to handle their court case in which they have taken government to court for stopping Bobi’s shows.

Bajo told us to give him 10 minutes

By Doreen Menezer

Comments

Continue Reading

like us

TRENDING

error: Content is protected !!