Connect with us

SPORTS

Manchester United Sack Manager Jose Mourinho

Published

on

Manchester United have sacked Jose Mourinho after a disastrous first half to the Premier League season.
Mourinho was pictured arriving at the training ground at 9am on Tuesday – before being called to a face-to-face meeting with executive vice chairman Ed Woodward where he was told he was fired.
United then officially confirmed the news at 9:46am, and Mourinho is set to receive a £22.5m pay-off with the club still in the Champions League.
The Portuguese, 55, guided United to League Cup and Europa League titles.
But they are sixth in the Premier League, 19 points behind leaders Liverpool, who beat them 3-1 on Sunday.
“A caretaker-manager will be appointed until the end of the season while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new, full-time manager,” United said in a statement.
“The club would like to thank Jose for his work during his time at Manchester United and to wish him success in the future.”
The caretaker-manager to replace Mourinho, who took over from Louis van Gaal in May 2016, will not be assistant coach Michael Carrick or academy boss Nicky Butt.
The candidate will be drawn from outside the club, but will not be former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.

United’s haul of 26 points after their first 17 Premier League games, is their worst tally in the top flight at this stage since 1990-91.
They are 11 points off the top four and closer to the relegation zone than the top of the table.
Mourinho’s sacking comes after a fall-out with £89m record signing Paul Pogba, who was an unused substitute for the defeat at Anfield on Sunday.
Following a 1-1 draw with Wolves, midfielder Pogba said he wanted United to be able to “attack, attack, attack” at home, which led Mourinho to say the France midfielder would no longer be the club’s “second captain”.
After Mourinho, who signed a contract extension in January, was sacked Pogba tweeted: “Caption this,” with a knowing expression on his face, before deleting the social media post.
In October, there were reports that Mourinho might be sacked prior to the home game against Newcastle, but after the team trailed 2-0, they turned it around to win 3-2 and seemingly buy the former Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real Madrid boss more time.
Mourinho’s agent Jorge Mendes attempted to calm the storm earlier in December by taking the extraordinary step of issuing a statement to say Mourinho was “very happy” and “fully committed” to the club.
But despite reaching the Champions League last 16, where United will play Paris St-Germain, they have won just one of their past six games in the Premier League.
Mourinho’s dismissal continues his run of never completing four consecutive seasons in charge of a club.
Only once has he made it into a fourth campaign, but he left Chelsea on 20 September 2007 during his first spell at Stamford Bridge.

Comments

CRIME

Cranes Top Supporter Uncle Money Remanded For Killing City Businessman

Published

on

Uganda Cranes number one supporter Jackson Sewanyana alias Uncle Money has been charged and remanded to Luzira prison over the murder of a city businessman. 

Buganda road court magistrate Miriam Ayo Okello charged Sewanyana who also doubles as the Kasubi zone IV Vice Chairperson and Benson Senyonga, his defense secretary with manslaughter.

According to the charge sheet, the accused together with others at large on 16/08 this year killed Siraja Akim Tumusiime a city businessman.

Tumusiime, a phone dealer at Mutasa Kafeero plaza was called by Uncle Money to buy their phones. When the deceased met them at Kasubi, uncle money grabbed him by the neck to forced him into a valley while warning him that he was going to be killed. 

Abdul Mulembe, a brother to the deceased told this website that he followed uncle money with his brother until they warned him to stop following them, he feared and backed off.

He said that when Uncle Money murdered the deceased, he dumped the body at Mulago mortuary where the family picked it from.

The case was adjourned to 1/10/2019.

By Sengooba Alirabaki

Comments

Continue Reading

SPORTS

You Are Greedy And Dishonest, Only A Fool Will Believe That Desabre Accepted To Leave Because Whatever He Has Done, We Saw It On The Pitch – Aldrine Nsubuga Blasts Magogo’s FUFA

Published

on

Football pundit Aldrine Nsubuga who is currently the marketing director at StarTimes has blasted football governing body Federation of Uganda Football Association (FUFA) for being Greedy and dishonest to Ugandans concerning the departure of the National team the Cranes coach Sabastian Desabre.

Aldrine, who in 2012 led Save Our Soccer (SOS) pressure group that called for the resignation of the regime at that time led by Lawrence Mulindwa over poor governace and mismanagement has warned that Magogo’s FUFA are lying about Desabre’s resignation.

Today morning, FUFA released a statement saying that Mr. Desabre Sebastien Serge Louis mutually agreed to terminate his contract.

“The reasons for termination of the employment contract are for the benefit and growth of both parties. FUFA recognises the contribution by Mr. Desabre for the improvement of the sporting and professional organisation of the Uganda Cranes inclusive of qualification to the AFCON 2019 Finals and also to the Round of 16,” the statement stated

“Mr. Desabre is grateful to the people and the Government of Uganda, FUFA, Sponsors, Staff and the players that have provided him a good environment to fulfill his obligations in his first time role as a National Team Coach.

FUFA will communicate any further development about the Uganda Cranes technical staff and future programmes of the National senior team in the nearest future,” the statement concluded.

Desabre with Uganda Cranes winger Farouk Miya

ALDRINE BITTER

In response, Aldrine, via his Facebook page said, ” Desabre is out! Contract terminated.

By mutual consent.

The moment you see those words ‘mutual consent’ you know it wasn’t. It’s the language used in professional football purely for PR purposes.

It gives us the freedom and right to speculate. So we can begin now…..if you know something tell us. ‘Mutual consent’ is a white collar term used to cover ugly truths. Lets be wiser.. I will go first…

The money. The embarrassment. The dishonesty. One of the parties (FUFA or Desabre) must be guilty of committing one of those crimes which led to the pre-mature end.

Could it be Desabre who ate the.money? No.

Is it Desabre who embarrassed the nation? No.

Is it Desabre who has been dishonest? No.

Whatever Desabre has done, we saw on the pitch. Did we see everything that the players did? Yes we did..including the strike and the reasons were put in broad day light. There was nothing hidden.

That leaves FUFA – do we know everything that FUFA did behind the scenes? No we don’t. They are the only ones between the 3 parties whose actions and deeds were never fully known to the public.

Mutual.consent? Only a fool will believe that.

You think we have moved a step.in the right direction but then , as always, we conspire to kill our own progress.

Ugandan football loses another good man in the name of ? Greed. This is always the problem.. Now let me wait for the guns to be turned against me for speaking about this. It comes with the territory.

Now what do you know, tell us….we are all ears.”

MUSEVENI TO MEET PLAYERS

President Museveni will on Monday at 4pm host the Uganda Cranes contingent that returns home tomorrow from the 2019 AFCON tournament in Egypt to congratulate the team for its great performance that saw them make it to the knock out phase of the AFCON tournament for the first time since 1978.

The Cranes contingent will leave Cairo at 10.50pm on Sunday night and arrive in Entebbe on Monday morning aboard Egypt Air.

By Doreen Menezer

Comments

Continue Reading

SPORTS

UGANDA CRANES ALLOWANCES: Magogo Is A Habitual Cheat Who Doesn’t Respect Contracts: Is The Strike Real Or A Plot From Magogo To Extract More Cash From Govt.

Published

on

As the Uganda Cranes prepare to battle Senegal in the AFCON last 16, there are mixed reactions from Ugandans on news that the players are on strike over their allowances with some branding Federation of Uganda Football Association (FUFA) president Eng. Moses Magogo a greedy man.

Yesterday afternoon, social media was awash with rumours that the players had refused to participate in any training session until their allowances are paid.

FUFA later confirmed the rumours in a statement released on their website but defended themselves saying, “On the 2nd July 2019, The Uganda Cranes did not undergo training after players opted not to despite a training programme released by the technical team.

FUFA has since engaged the players and confirmed that a complaint about emoluments as their cause of action. FUFA wishes to affirm that matters of the rights and obligations of the members of the Uganda Cranes at the AFCON 2019 inclusive of the allowances and bonuses of the team were discussed and agreed upon by the team and were put into a document called the Code of Conduct. Every member of the team signed the Code of Conduct before being allowed into the camp.”

In the same statement, FUFA released a financial structure on how each member of the Uganda Cranes will be paid in the Code of Conduct as follows;

Item                                                                                                USD

Camp in Uganda per day                                                            14 days 30

Foreign Camp (Abu Dhabi & Cairo) per day           53 days 150

Each Draw in the Group Stages                                                 2,000

Each Win in the Group Stages                                                   4,000

R16 to R8 (Winning @ R16)                                        1              5,000

R8 to R4 (Winning @ Quarter Final)                        1              7,000

R4 to R2 (Winning @ Semi Final)                              1              9,000

Winning the Final                                                        1              14,630

FUFA added that they have already paid the following amounts to each member

420 USD for the Camp in Uganda (14 days)

5,100 USD for the Foreign Camp (34 days ending 30th June 2019)

4,000 USD for the Winning Bonus of the DR Congo match

2,000 USD for the Draw against Zimbabwe

Far and beyond the Code of Conduct, FUFA has also paid extra 2,780 USD to each player for camp morale and 300 USD for the International friendly match against Ivory Coast.

“As of 2nd July 2019, each player has received up to 14,600 USD (App 55m UGX) already with more daily allowances and winning bonuses awaiting to be earned and paid on time.

According to FUFA, there is currently nothing owing to the players as per the signed Code of Conduct and more than 2 Billion UGX has been paid to this item alone.

This matter has been explained to the players and instead they have opted to renegotiate the terms of the Code of Conduct after qualifying to the round of 16 leading to the decision not to undergo training.

FUFA believes the players will respect the signed Code of Conduct and this matter will be resolved like many others before,” the statement from the country’s football governing body further stated.

MAGOGO IS A GREEDY MAN WHO DOES NOT RESPECT CONTRACTS

According to former SC Villa chairman Eng. Ben Misagga, Magogo is a man who does not respect contracts, “I have been vindicated, I have been posting and saying, Agreement signed with Magogo must be witnessed by the Bishop & Mufti, that boy doesn’t keep his word, players are not sick to claim what they have already gotten, Magogo is a habitual cheat who doesn’t respect contracts.”

Ben Misagga

Later when president Museveni’s Senior Press Secretary Don Wanyama posted that, “From what I gather, if the players refuse to train today (and by the way senior players like Onyango are against the strike), @OfficialFUFA president @Moses Magogo will have no option but write to @CAF_Online to withdraw Uganda from @TotalAFCON2019. Let greed not kill the game.”

Misagga answered him saying, “You haven’t read the last chapter of Magogo book

That strike is designed by Moses, no player can strike without Magogo consent. Ask Afande Nakalema you will get the true story, always at the peak of Crane campaigns FA has been in those games of intimidating Ugandans.”

The Nyamityobora club chairman added, “That’s how deceptive helm of FUFA do things, how can players strike when they have received what’s due to them. For you who don’t know Magogo, the strike is his design to intimidate the Government giving him more money, his “family” is in luxury in Cairo and Alexandria.”

“To those who don’t know Magogo, that strike is designed by moses to intimidate Ugandans& President M7 in sending baskets of money to him. Magogo uses a player I know to cause those hiccups, I was with him at Villa in the early days of my times. CAF 1.1 billion UGX 4.5 zadawa,” Misagga asked.

Magogo with Della Ssali

Misagga added that Magogo is busy enjoying the Cranes money with his bonkmate Della Ssali, “The “family” is enjoying the 4.5 billions as the cranes Camp strike. When you have a mufere incharge that’s what goes on. No one wants to say the truth. Magogo’s trick Now is to intimidate Ugandans and the HE into giving him extra money for the “family” to enjoy.”

By Doreen Menezer

Comments

Continue Reading

like us

TRENDING

error: Content is protected !!