Connect with us

NEWS

Museveni Cannot Win The 2021 Elections, Bobi Wine Will Be President – Justice George Kanyeihamba

Published

on

Retired Justice George Kanyeihamba has recommended People Power leader and the Kyadondo East legislator Kyagulanyi Robert Sentamu alias Bobi wine as president come 2021 .

Addressing the media at his home in Buziga, a Kampala suburb today, the retired judge said that president Museveni cannot win the 2021 general election because all his comrades who have always helped him to win the elections, the likes of Kivejinja will be 90 years by 2021 and the youths will decide this election.

Kanyeihamba said that power belongs to the people and the youth are many in numbers compared to the people in Museveni’s age bracket.

“Museveni cannot win the 2021 election, all his comrades are aged and they will be ninety years by that time. Bobi wine has the potential to win this election and he will by the power of the youths and the numbers, me too I support him,” the retired Judge said.

Kanyeihamba has also dismissed articles in the media that he was held hostage on Friday last week after a scuffle with one of his guard over a gun.

The retired judge who shade tears Infront of the cameras said he only felt sympathy for one of his bodyguards, a one Magololo who had lost his father that morning but his bosses refused him to go for burial because the force had no money.

He said that he gave his guard forty thousand shillings (40,000) to help him reach the burial place. He said that he also told him to surrender the gun to his person body guard a one Peter Onap something that Magololo refused to do. He said that he was forced to call his bosses who acted swiftly.

“It’s this scuffle that caused an alarm among my neighbors and the media because I had ordered my gate to be closed so that Magololo does not enter but nothing much had happened. I wonder where the media got this story from, but they will explain it somewhere,” Kanyeihamba said.

Kanyeihamba said that he has already alerted his two lawyers for legal battle with the New Vision.

By Mboowa Nathan

Comments

CELEBRITY GOSSIP

Sipapa, Full Figure Are Using M7’s Money To Kill Us: Music Promotors Bajjo, Abitex Cry Out ….

Published

on

Abitex and Bajjo addressing journalists

Events promoters Andrew Mukasa alias Bajjo events and Abbey Musinguzi alias Abitex have pinned socialite Charles Olim alias Sipapa and Jennifer Nakaguubi alias Full Figure of using the millions of money given to them by president Yoweri Museveni to kill them.

Bajjo told journalist in Kampala that on Wednesday evening, he survived being killed by armed hooligans holding machetes at Makindye, a Kampala suburb.

“I have audio recordings of that fool Sipapa and Full Figure strategizing on how to finish our lives. I heard Full figure tipping Sipapa to tell his gangs to locate us and kill us using stones,” Bajjo said.

He revealed that when he received an audio from a friend, they decided to run away from Baba TV where they had been hosted for a talk show. He said that when they reached Makindye, a group of people attacked them with machetes and stoned his car. Abitex said that he received credible information from state house that both Sipapa and Full Figure told Museveni that they know Abitex and Bajjo and that they will help him silence them at all cost.

Abitex warned that the act of giving people free money will increase criminality in the country because people will start thinking that they don’t have to work but can always be given free money. Both promotors filed their complaints at Katwe police station. Full figure was not reached for comment since she was not picking our calls.

PROMOTORS LIKELY TO LOSS BILLIONS

Earlier, lawyer Erias Lukwago, who was  representing the two promoters pleaded with High Court judge Lydia Mugambe Ssali to save his clients from losing billions of money and jobs in the coming 2019 festival season. Lukwago submitted that the directive issued by the Inspector General of Police Martin Okoth Ochola stopping his clients from organizing musical concerts will deny them employment since their source of income are the music shows.

Lukwago told court that his clients lost over Shs200m when Ochola stopped their concerts at Busabala, Gulu Lira and other places yet they had already paid all the necessary requirements including security.

The presiding judge Ssali asked both applicants why they didn’t proceed with organizing concerts of other musicians because it seems the IGP only stopped them from organizing Bobi Wine’s concerts.

Lukwago with people power lawyer Shamim Malende tried to plead to Ssali to accommodate their matter before the Christmas festival because it’s the period when his clients work more.

This was after judge Ssali had told them that she was assigned to go to high court criminal division to handle very serious criminal cases.

However, after Lukwago’s plea, Justice Ssali changed her mind and asked Lukwago to take their file back to the registrar so that it can be allocated to another judge which Lukwago refused. Mugambe further advised the applicants to stop exaggerating their case. The judge ordered both parties to submit written submissions instead of oral as Lukwago was proposing. The matter was adjourned to 13 December.

By Jamil Lutakome

Comments

Continue Reading

NEWS

Lawyer Mabirizi Asks East African Court To Halt 2021 Election Preparations Until Their Ruling Of The Age Limit Appeal

Published

on

Mabirizi presenting his case before the East African court of justice in Arusha Tanzania

Controversial city lawyer Male Mabirizi Kiwanuka has asked the East African court of justice in Arusha Tanzania to issue a court order stopping Uganda’s Electoral Commission from conducting the 2021 general elections.

Mabirizi submitted to the five justices of this court led by Lady Justice Monica Mugenyi (Principal Judge), Justice Dr. Faustin Ntezilyayo (Deputy Principal Judge), Justice Audace Ngiye, Justice Dr. Charles O. Nyawello and Justice Charles Nyachae that his case is very serious because it raises questions relating to the governance of Uganda’s parliament, executive and judiciary.


The justices of the East African court of justice in Arusha Tanzania

“I will suffer irreparable damages if the application is not granted since Article 3(4) of Uganda’s constitution empowers me to defend the constitution from illegal amendments,” Mabirizi submitted. He told court that after resolving the grievances in his case, the electoral commission can conveniently resume its processes. 

In his defense, the solicitor general Francis Atoke put up a spirited fight and asked court not to allow Mabirizi’s application because it can cause instability in the country and erode constitutionalism.

Atoke argued that halting the 2021 elections will be so dangerous that he doesn’t want to be in Uganda to see what will happen if elections are suspended.

“My Lords, since the applicant pleaded for damages and interests, in my view, court should instead award him damages at the end instead of stopping the elections,” Atoke submitted. In his rejoinder, Mabirizi stated that halting the election process of 2021 cannot cause instability in Uganda as the solicitor general claimed but it will instead instill constitutionalism in the country. He insisted that there is no amount of damages that can adequately compensate the collapse of the rule of law, good governance and disrespect of human rights.

Mabirizi told court that during the passing of the controversial age limit bill in parliament in 2017, Members of Parliament were seriously beaten and their backs broken, and even if they are awarded with damages, their backs can never be healed.  The judges promised to give their ruling on notice. 

However, court declined to strike off the Attorney general’s defense as Mabirizi had applied claiming that his defense was filed out of 45 days’ time as prescribed by the rules of the East African courts of justices. 

William Byaruhanga told court that it was not their intention to file their defense out of time as Mabirizi claimed but the delay was caused by one of their staff who negligently without knowing that the matter was of public importance failed to do her job.

Court also refused the Attorney General’s affidavit sworn by senior state attorney George Kalemera who wanted court to strike out Mabirizi’s case claiming that he exhibited vexatious and frivolous behaviors in the conduct of his petition during the constitutional court hearing and at the supreme court.

Kalemera told court that Mabirizi abused and disrespected justices of both the constitution court and supreme court. In response, the justices agreed with Mabirizi that the AG’s affidavit was scandalous and irrelevant to the court.

The government team led by the Attorney General William Byaruhanga (L), his deputy
Mwesigwa Rukutana (C) and the solicitor General Francis Atoke (R)

Mabirizi ran to the East African court after losing in the constitutional court and supreme court of Uganda which decided that article 102(b) was properly amended and the lifting of the age limit was done legally. The government’s 15 team of legal brains was led by Attorney General William Byaruhanga, his deputy Mwesigwa Rukutana, solicitor General Francis Atoke, Director Civil Litigation Christine Kaahwa, Director commissioner  civil litigation Martin Mwambustya and others against Mabirizi and his assistant.

By Jamil Lutakome

Comments

Continue Reading

MY MONEY

Total Finally Speaks Out On The Decision To Invest In Uganda’s Oil Project

Published

on

Total’s Chief Finance Officer, Jean-Pierre Sbraire (inset)

Total’s Chief Finance Officer, Jean-Pierre Sbraire has told analysts during a conference call after the French oil major’s third-quarter that as management, they have not yet decided to invest their money in Uganda’s oil project.

He revealed that the company was supposed to decide on the issue of Uganda’s oil last year but there were some issues holding back the decision even though they are still committed to the project and the project is technically mature.

“We are ready to launch but we recently faced some difficulties with the authorities,” he said.  He said that Total had planned to buy some of Britain’s Tullow Oil’s stake in the 230,000 barrel-per-day project but that deal was called off due to a tax dispute with the Ugandan authorities.

Total’s CEO Patrick Pouyanne

“We remain fully committed to the development but we’ll see, at present time, it is a bit too early to assess when the Final Investment Decision (FID) could be taken for the project,” Sbraire explained.  It should be remembered that Total’s CEO Patrick Pouyanne said earlier this year that investing in Uganda’s oil will be a personal priority this year after setbacks led to a delay on the FID in 2018.

By Jamil Lutakome

Comments

Continue Reading

like us

TRENDING

error: Content is protected !!