Connect with us
  • NEWS

    Museveni’s Adviser’s Murder Case Deepens: My Father Was Injected With Four Injections Of Deadly Poison



    John Ssesanga (41) testifying before the commission


    The murder case of Albert Kalula Makayi Mukasa a top land lord has deepened after court of appeal justice, Catherine Bamugemereire ordered the arrest and detention of two suspects.

    The two suspects are John Ssesanga (41) a resident of Nasuuti, Mukono district and Christine Namirembe (40) a former land title registrar in Mukono district.

    Bamugemereire ordered the land probe detectives to investigate all the people who connived with the suspect to grab over 2000 acres of land which belonged to the late Kalula. She also ordered the detectives to take Ssesanga to the government laboratory and get his DNA samples to examine whether he is biologically related to the late Kalula.

    Before his arrest, Ssesanga testifed before the land probe that he was taken to stay with the late Kalula when he was four months after the death of his mother Amina Nakabugo who died in an accident along Masaka road.

    “My lord, the late Ham Mukasa Sekiboobo, the former Kyaggwe chief was my grandfather. I was recognised by as a son of Albert Kalula who was a son to Ham Mukasa. Unfortunately, after his death, other family members like lawyer Peter Mulira and James Galabuzi disowned me because of the big estate he left,” Sesanga said.

    Ssesanga revealed that Galabuzi and Mulira took his father to Butabiika hospital after forging medical documents that he was mentally sick. He said that his father was injected with four injections containing poisonous substance which disturbed his life and caused his death within 76 days.

    Ssesanga said that after realizing that Galabuzi had taken his father to Butabika mental hospital, he ran to Resty Nakayenga Kigguli, an adviser to president Yoweri Museveni for assistance. Nakayenga intervened into their grievance, snatched Kalula from them and took him to a safe place, she chased Mulira and other relatives away from him until he recovered.

    Ssesanga told the commission that when Kalula recovered, Nakayenga returned him to his home where he spent a few days and was attacked by a deadly disease.

    “My lord, when Kalula was attacked by a deadly disease, I called madam Nakayenga who used her office to help me. She sent me a special car which took me and Kalula to hospital. Kalula died as soon as we reached hospital,” Sesanga said.

    Ssesanga also testified that when they moved the body to Mulago mortuary, Mulira together with other relatives of Kalula came with armed men who intimidated them and chased them away from the body of his father.

    He said that Mulira also stopped him from going for Kalula’s burial.

    Ssesanga said that after Kalula’s death, Nakayenga took him to the administrator general’s office where he presented a will of the late Kalula. He was given a letter of no objection which he took to justice Moses Mukiibi to get powers of attorney to administer Kalula’s estate.

    He added that Nakayenga assisted him to convince Lowera Ataro and Christine Namirembe, the former land title registrars in Mukono district to transfer Kalula’s land titles into his names.

    He later started selling off some of Kalula’s land in Mukono, Nabuti, Ndeeba, Mengo and other places.

    However, Ssesanga was put to task by Fred Ruhindi to explain why he took off when court ordered him to go for a DNA test with some of Kalula’s family members. Ruhindi also wondered why Ssesanga was refuting claims that Kalula was mentally sick when prominent people like former president of Uganda Lukongwa Binaisa swore an affidavit showing that Kalula was indeed mentally sick. Ruhindi said that Binaisa was studying with Kalula in UK and he was the one who brought him back to Uganda.

    Ruhindi asked Ssesanga why he refused to go with his father to hospital under the excuse that he was keeping land titles and other documents which he suspected would be stolen by some members of Kalula’s family.

    Justice Bamugemereire asked Ssesanga to explain where he got the will which was made on 24/10/2004 yet Kalula died on 25/10/2004, which he presented at the administrator general’s office to obtain a letter of no objection which he used to go to court to get powers of attorney.

    Bamugemereire noted that the said will was declared forged by High Court but Ssesanga continued to use it.

    She also wondered why Ssesanga obtained the powers of attorney knowing very well that Kalula’s other family members had also obtained powers of attorney in 2006.

    “Now Mr. Ssesanga, you have been a fraudster using money to bribe everybody in the land registry. Do us a favour, go with my court order and make additional statements, tell them all the people who were behind you. You are also going for a DNA test in a government laboratory,” Bamugemereire said.

    Bamugemereire also ordered the arrest of Christine Namirembe, a former registrar Mukono district land registry for helping Ssesanga even after receiving letters from CIID police department cautioning her on issuing any land transfer documents on Kalula’s estate because it was still under investigation.

    Namirembe went ahead and transferred over 1000 acres of Kalula’s estate land into Ssesanga’s names.

    The commission learnt that over 67 land titles were made within one month after the death of Kalula. It also discovered that some land titles were transferred within two minutes, Bamugemereire tasked Namirembe to explain to the detectives how that was possible.

    It should remembered that city engineer James Galabuzi testified before the commission that a group of people lead by Resty Nakayenga murdered his father with a mission to grabbed his land. The commission of inquiry is still investigating the matter.


    By Jamil Lutakome

    For any information, tips or story call/text 0751 232444 or watsapp 0772 098226 or go to our inbox:



    Angels Of Death Strike, Take Two Of Uganda’s VIPs In 2023 Opener



    Two of Uganda’s Very Important Persons have Monday died.

    National Unity Platform’s parliamentary flag bearer in the last year’s Omoro County by-elections, Simon Toolit Aketcha is dead.

    Toolit, died on Monday morning.

    The news of his death was confirmed by Omoro county MP Andrew Ojok Oulanyah.

    “It is a dark day in Omoro! We have lost one of our gallant sons and former MP, Hon. Simon Toolit Akecha! Hon. Toolit was the MP for Omoro County between 2006 & 2011 and was a candidate in recent by-elections. May his soul rest in eternal peace!” OJok tweeted.

    Toolit put up stiff political resistance against the late Jacob Oulanyah before also competing against his son Andrew Ojok Oulanyah.

    Toolit will be remembered as a candidate to have competed against the Oulanyah’s while holding the flag for two different parties for under ten years.

    In 2016, Toolit, then a candidate of Forum for Democratic Change (FDC) contested against NRM’s Jacob Oulanyah and polled 6,823 votes against the latter’s 8,218 votes.

    In the same manner, Uganda’s high commissioner to Kenya and Seychelles, Dr Hassan Galiwango, has died.

    Galiwango died Monday morning at Nairobi Hospital where he had been admitted.

    The late was the husband to Mbale City Woman Member of Parliament, Connie Nakayeze Galiwango.

    President Museveni appointed Galiwango as the high commissioner to Kenya in October 2020.

    Galiwango was also the former long serving director of finance and administration at the NRM secretariat at the time of his ambassadorial appointment. Ms Medina Naham, the NRM party chairperson of Koboko District, replaced him at the secretariat.

    The cause of his death is yet to be communicated by the government.

    Last year, Bank of Uganda governor prof. Emmanuel Tumusiime-Mutebile, Speaker of Parliament Jacob Oulanyah and Gen. Elly Tumwine among other VIPs died.



    Continue Reading


    Five Dead As Bomb Goes Off In Church Near DRC, Uganda Border 



    A bomb killed at least five people on Sunday after detonating in a church in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, the army said.

    Details of the attack remain hazy, but military spokesman Antony Mualushayi said the “terrorist act” happened in a Pentecostal church in North Kivu province’s Kasindi, a town on the border with Uganda.

    Mualushayi later told reporters that at least five bodies had been taken to the morgue following the blast, in what he called a provisional death toll.

    Joel Kitausa, a local civil society figure, put the death toll at eight and said 27 other people had been wounded.

    AFP was unable to independently confirm the toll.

    It was not immediately clear who carried out the attack. Mualushayi said that one suspect — a Kenyan — had been arrested.

    The DRC’s communications ministry said on social media that the attack was apparently carried out by the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) group.

    The ADF — which the Islamic State group claims as its affiliate in Central Africa — is active in the Kasindi area.

    It has been accused of slaughtering thousands of Congolese civilians and carrying out bomb attacks in Uganda.

    The ADF has planted bombs in towns in North Kivu in the past.

    Since 2021 a joint Congolese-Ugandan military operation has been targeting the ADF in North Kivu and neighbouring Ituri province.

    Over 120 armed groups roam mineral-rich eastern DRC, many of which are the legacy of regional wars that flared at the turn of the 21st century.

    Source: AFP


    Continue Reading


    Nepal Crash: Dozens Killed As Plane Crashes Near Pokhara Airport



    Dozens of people have been killed after a plane with 72 people on board crashed near an airport in central Nepal.

    The Yeti Airlines flight from Kathmandu to the tourist town of Pokhara crashed on landing before catching fire.

    Videos posted on social media show an aircraft flying low over a populated area before banking sharply.

    At least 68 people are confirmed to have died, officials said. Several critically injured survivors were taken to hospital, unconfirmed reports said.

    Local resident Deeveta Kal told the BBC how she rushed to the crash site after seeing the aircraft plunge from the sky shortly after 11:00am local time (05:15 GMT).

    “By the time I was there the crash site was already crowded. There was huge smoke coming from the flames of the plane. And then helicopters came over in no time,” she said.

    “The pilot tried his best to not hit civilisation or any home,” Deevta Kal added. “There was a small space right beside the Seti River and the flight hit the ground in that small space.”

    The flight set out with 68 passengers on board, including at least 15 foreign nationals, and four crew members.

    According to flight tracking website Flightradar24, the 15-year-old twin-engine ATR 72 stopped transmitting position data at 05:05 GMT and the last signal from the aircraft was received at 05:12.

    Hundreds of Nepalese soldiers were involved in the operation at the crash site in the gorge of the Seti, just one and a half kilometres from the airport.

    The search operation has been suspended for the day, officials say.

    Video taken where the plane came down showed thick billowing black smoke and burning debris.

    “We expect to recover more bodies,” an army spokesman told Reuters, saying the plane “has broken into pieces”.

    Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal called an emergency meeting of his cabinet and urged state agencies to work on rescue operations. A panel to investigate the cause of the crash has been set up.

    Of the passengers, 53 are said to be Nepalese. There were five Indian, four Russians and two Koreans on the plane. There was also one passenger each from Ireland, Australia, Argentina and France among others.

    Aviation accidents are not uncommon in Nepal, often due to its remote runways and sudden weather changes that can make for hazardous conditions.

    A Tara Air plane crashed in May 2022 in the northern Nepalese district of Mustang, killing 22 people.

    In early 2018, 51 people were killed when a US-Bangla flight travelling from Dhaka in Bangladesh caught fire as it landed in Kathmandu.

    The European Union has banned Nepalese airlines from its airspace over concerns about training and maintenance standards in the country’s aviation industry.

    Source: BBC


    Continue Reading

    like us


    theGrapevine is a subsidiary of Newco Publications Limited, a Ugandan multimedia group.
    We keep you posted on the latest from Uganda and the World. COPYRIGHT © 2022
    P.O Box 5511, Kampala - Uganda Tel: +256-752 227640 Email:
    theGrapevine is licenced by Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)