Connect with us

SPORTS

TODAY’S HOTTEST FOOTBALL STORIES: Zidane Warned On Replacing Mourinho at Man Utd, Messi Asks Barcelona To Sign Paul Pogba, Chelsea Could Lose Fabregas

Published

on

ZINEDINE ZIDANE has been sent a strong warning over potentially replacing Jose Mourinho as Manchester United manager.
Zidane revealed on Monday he is keen on returning to management.
The France legend left Real Madrid at the end of last season after winning the Champions League in each of his three years at the club.
“I am sure that I will coach again before long,” Zidane told Spanish outlet TVE. “This is what I like and what I have done all my life.”
Zidane is the favourite with the bookies to replace Mourinho at Manchester United. Jose Mourinho himself is the favourite to be the next manager to lose his job in the Premier League.
But ESPN FC pundit Craig Burley has warned Zidane over the size of the task at Old Trafford. Burley says Zidane’s toughest aim would be to catch up with rivals Manchester City and Liverpool, who both look set to challenge for the title this term.
“Clearly he’s going to be choosy,” the former Chelsea midfielder said of Zidane. “But I think he has to pick carefully here. A risk (if he went to United).
“It’s going to be, unless things drastically change with playing personnel, which isn’t going to happen, then we know how big a job it is to bridge that gap.
“Particularly to Manchester City, but potentially to Liverpool, who have spent. “I know United finished above them last year but Liverpool seem to have progressed. It is (a risk). (Express)

Chelsea could lose Cesc Fabregas on free transfer to Serie A giants

CESC FABREGAS looks set to be at the centre of a January tug of war between Inter Milan and AC Milan.
Both Milan clubs want the Chelsea midfielder and could be poised to land the 31-year-old, who will be free to talk to clubs after December with his contract running out in June, as a free agent.
Inter’s No1 midfield target this summer was Real Madrid’s Luka Modric but they failed in their bid to land the Croatian.
Inter then tried for Fabregas as a second option but Chelsea did not want to sell at the time and the player wanted to stay.
In the end, Luciano Spalletti looked across Italy and signed Radja Nainggolan from AS Roma in a £33m swap deal, as Davide Santon and Nicolo Zaniolo went the other way.
Nainggolan has proved a decent buy so far, scoring in his only game for the Italian giants against Bologna in a 3-0 win.
AC Milan are also thought to be keen on the former Arsenal and Barcelona player and, with the Serie A club having signed France midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko on a season-long loan from Chelsea in the summer and wanting to make the move permanent at the end of this campaign, they are hoping to use that as a bargaining chip for Fabregas.
Milan’s summer activity saw them spend big on Gonzalo Higuain, forking out £16.2m in a loan deal, while their biggest deal of the summer was the £31.5m acquisition of Mattia Caldara.
Caldara, a centre-back, joined from Juventus as Milan failed to land the central midfielder they were after, meaning they could well be tempted to go in for Fabregas in the January transfer window.
Fabregas has only just recovered from a knee injury which has dogged him since the start of the season and his only appearance so far for new Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri came in the pre-season Community Shield Wembley defeat to Manchester City.
The Spaniard is yet to be called into a matchday squad by Sarri since then, with new signing Jorginho anchoring the Chelsea midfield in every game so far.
Even when he returns to full fitness, he is still facing a tough route back into the first-team. (Express)

Messi asks Barcelona to sign Pogba

Barcelona star Lionel Messi wants the club to sign Manchester United star Paul Pogba, who continues to flirt with a stunning move away from Old Trafford.
That’s according to OK Diario’s Eduardo Inda, who said: “Messi has asked for Pogba, but the problem of Barça is the Financial Fair Play.
“They have a chance to bring Pogba in winter on loan with a purchase option.” Barcelona would love to sign Pogba but whether or not United let him go in January, particularly if they do not sign a replacement, remains to be seen. (Express)

Klopp dealt Lovren setback over mysterious injury

LIVERPOOL centre-back Dejan Lovren is expected to return to first-team training this month but the club do not believe he will be play again before late October, according to reports.
The Croatian has been sidelined for their perfect start to the Premier League campaign with a mysterious stomach muscle issue.
He returned from the World Cup claiming he couldn’t sit inside his car without intense pain and said: “I’d always grit my teeth and play for Croatia but now I am paying the price.”
Bizarrely, ahead of Liverpool’s final pre-season friendly against Torino, Lovren told the club’s official website just a day after his return to training that he could’ve played half-an-hour against the Italian side and that he was “ready and fit again”.
And the news of his lay-off came just days later ahead of Liverpool’s season opener against West Ham.
It was even speculated that the defender’s admission that the club were “not happy” that he had not told them until his return to Merseyside, meaning they could not look to potentially sign a new centre half in the transfer market.
The 29-year-old has seen a specialist doctor in the Netherlands during his prolonged absence from training with it hoped that he can join his team-mates for full training in the coming weeks.
That’s after beginning ball work and running outside at the Reds’ Melwood training ground recently.
But Liverpool don’t want to force Lovren back too soon and despite their packed schedule, have yet to establish an expected return date say the Liverpool Echo.
Jurgen Klopp’s side are preparing for a hectic next three weeks in which they begin their Champions League and Carabao Cup campaigns while also juggling their league commitments. (Express)

Arsenal’s German midfielder Mesut Ozil, 29, is a target for Turkish side Fenerbahce. (Fotomac)

Tottenham are monitoring Leicester City’s 21-year-old left-back Ben Chilwell, who has been handed his first England senior call-up, and are lining up a January offer for Ajax’s Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong, 21. (Telegraph)

Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen, 26, has vowed to transfer his international scoring form over to the Premier League for Tottenham(Daily Mirror)

Four-time Premier League winner Edwin van der Sar, 47, has ruled himself out of the running for the new technical role at Manchester United. (Sky Sports)

Former England and Newcastle midfielder Paul Gascoigne, 51, says England will “never get another me” after manager Gareth Southgate said the Three Lions lack creativity in midfield. (The Sun)

Danish keeper Kasper Schmeichel, 31, says Leicester’s “hard sell” approach in the transfer window means the club will no longer be “bullied” in the market. (Daily Star)

Meanwhile, Leicester defender Jonny Evans, 30, has praised the young players coming through the ranks in the Northern Ireland squad. (Aberdeen Evening Express)

Chelsea overpaid by around £40m when they spent £71.6m for Athletic Bilbao’s 23-year-old Spanish goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga in August, according to the CIES Football Observatory. (Football Italia)

Manchester United defender Luke Shaw, 23, is set to miss his club’s next two games after suffering concussion playing for England. United play at Watford on Saturday before travelling to Switzerland to face Young Boys in the Champions League next Wednesday. (Mirror)

Comments

SPORTS

Villa’s Bamweyana Hasn’t Won A League Game In 5 Games, Fans Bitter

Published

on

HAVING drawn his fifth game in nine games, coach Douglas Bamweyana may be sacked at SC Villa who are fighting relegation in the StarTimes Uganda Premier League.

Bamweyana took the SC Villa job in November last year. He has only managed to win two games, lost two and drawn five.

Angry Villa fans threw tables at Namboole and called for his sacking. “Banweyana may lead us into problems like he did at Express so management must be careful we are tired of his dull tactics,” one angry fan said.

Bashir Mutanda scored for SC Villa and Alfred Onek got an equalizer for Bright Stars who put up a wonderful display as the game ended 1-1. Villa are 12 and three points off the relegation zone which is worrying Jogo fans. Villa have not won a game in the last five games of the league. They take on Vipers, tomorrow a game that is anticipated by many as a cracker on and off the pitch.

 

Last five games played by Villa:

Paidha 0 – 0 SC Villa

Villa 0 – 1 BUL              

Police 2 – 2 SC Villa             

Nkambi Coffee 2 – 0 SC Villa

URA 1 – 0 SC Villa        

SC Villa 1 – 1 Bright Stars

 

By Kussam Kalema, Senior Sports Writer

Comments

Continue Reading

SPORTS

Express Fans Call For Kisala’s Sacking, Chairman Kiwanuka Assures Tactician Of His Job

Published

on

HAVING lost to Police FC by 2-0, Express FC fans have started calling for the sacking of tactician Kefa Kisala.

Police beat Express with inform Juma Balinya on the score sheet and Ruben Kimera. This means that Express have only won two games in their last six encounters.

Police have not lost a game in the last four encounters. They were last beaten by KCCA FC.  Express is tenth on the table with 21 points then Police is seventh with 24 points.

However, the Chairman Kenneth Kiryowa Kiwanuka, has denied the talk of sacking Kisala saying, “It is not true that we have sacked our coach when we make a decision we will communicate officially.”

 

By Kussam Kalema

 

Comments

Continue Reading

SPORTS

SAD!! Kaizer Chiefs Sends ‘Jajja Walu’ Packing After Only 17 Games

Published

on

Cranes star Godfrey Walusimbi alias “Jajja Walu” has been told to pack his bags and leave South African giants Kaizer Chiefs.
Walusinbi fell out of the pecking order at Kaizer Chiefs after the arrival of Ernst Middendorp at the start of December, with Siphosakhe Ntiya-Ntiya establishing him self as new left back.
Kaizer Chiefs officially announced on the their twitter page that they have parted ways with the left back who joined the team from Gor Mahia of Kenya.
“Walusimbi opted to go back home to Uganda. We would like to thank him for his contribution to Kaizer Chiefs and wish him all the best,” Kaizer Chiefs stated on their twitter handle.


Walusimbi arrived at the start of the current season but his stint at the Amakhosi has been very short. He made 17 apperances for the club.
Walusimbi is among the most talented left backs you can ever admirer but his professional career is questionable especially when it comes to discipline.

By Kussam Kalema, Senior Sports Analyst

Comments

Continue Reading

like us

TRENDING

error: Content is protected !!