Connect with us
  • Uncategorized

    UPL Clubs Chairmen Speak Out On How FUFA Wanted To Utilize Them In Nakiwala’s ‘Selection’ Process… 

    Published

    on

    Police FC chairman, AIGP Asan Kasingye (L) and FUFA 3rd Vice President, Hon Florence Nakiwala Kiyingi

    Uganda Premier League (UPL) clubs chairmen have finally spoken out on their decision to avoid FUFA elections in which their representative to the federation’s Executive Committee was elected.

    On Saturday, May 15, the Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) conducted elections to pick the person who represents Uganda Premier League (UPL) and FUFA Big League (FBL) clubs on the federation’s executive committee.

    Florence Nakiwala Kiyingi stood unopposed for the spot and predictably retained her position as the FUFA third Vice President for the period 2021-2025.

    Only three UPL clubs (Villa, Express, and URA) were represented, as up to 13 were absent, citing various reasons ranging from miscommunication to disrespect.

    For starters, the notice calling off the elective congregation was shared on Friday, and a change of venue was communicated later in the day at 5:40 PM, not even 24 hours before the Saturday morning election date.

    Police FC chairman Asan Kasingye affirmed that he did not vote for his club’s representative to FUFA because he could not attend an event that he was not invited to.

    “This election thing is news to me. I never got the invitation, otherwise, I would have loved to go and vote,” Kasingye explained.

    Not to differ so much from Kasingye, Diana Nyago, the Busoga United chairperson says she was infuriated by the whole arrangement.

    “In whose interest can only three out of 16 clubs elect a representative for the remaining thirteen? That is impunity,” Nyago strongly stressed her concern.

    She raged on; “It is clear they ring-fenced the position for a particular person but no one owns football in this country.”

    Nyago says she and other club chairmen are keeping a close watch over the federation to see how far they can go with their preferential treatment towards members.

    Ronnie Mutebi, the Bright Stars chairman does not dispute Nakiwala’s representation of his club among others, but advised accordingly;

    “Our representative Nakiwala has a very big task to unite all the clubs that have long been divided to be ruled by the federation.”

    “She should now tell us her programs because she never asked us to vote for her, so she never explained what she was going to do for us,” Mutebi said.

    “And besides, clubs are now too busy closing in on their season targets to engage in a sham election,” he added.

    Hassan Lule, the Wakiso Giants chairman says he made it to FUFA House – Mengo but did not participate because he was late.

    “I made an effort to reach on time, but the voting had already taken place, and within 30 minutes after 10:00 AM, the elections were done,” Lule narrated to Football 256, blaming FUFA for issuing out short and inconvenient notice.

    “We are not club chairmen because we are idle. We have other businesses to take care of,” Lule expressed his frustration further, arguing that things have got to be done professionally like FUFA always emphasizes.

    “First of all, the elections were just a formality. If elections are to happen, give people time, let the candidates convince the voters,” he added.

    Wakiso Giants patron Musa ‘Atagenda’ Ssebulime, like his chairman, feels that the federation greatly undermines clubs.

    “Some people just want to sit in Mengo and decide for us all, because how do you expect someone to honour without fail an invitation notice of fewer than 24 hours?” Ssebulime pondered before stating that he would not even attend a voting function where the winner has been decided.

    Many of them (clubs chairmen) were not even interested to discuss the topic; Onduparaka’s Benjamin Nkakuni, Mbarara City’s Mpaka Mwine, among others chose not to comment about the matter.

    Comments

    Uncategorized

    Ministry Of Education Releases Phased School Opening Program….

    Published

    on

    The Ministry of Education has released a phased school opening program following the President’s directive.

    President Museveni opened schools in the country after being on lockdown for over two years due to the Covid pandemic.

    He said that schools will resume on January,10 2022 but in a phased manner.

    “We have engaged different stakeholders including KCCA, Wakiso, Mukono and Mpigi district local governments, security and the Ministry of Works and Transport before coming up with a phased reopening program,” the ministry statement read in part.

    “All learners in day schools shall report on Monday, January, 10, 2022 for class. All learners in boarding schools in Wakiso, Mpigi, Mukono and Kampala shall follow a staggered reporting plan with effect from Monday,January, 10,2022 and no boarding student in the concerned districts shall report for school earlier than January,10,2022,” the Ministry of Education further noted in a statement.

    “For those in Mpigi and Wakiso districts, the reporting dates for boarding students in A’level and those in lower primary (boarding) will be January,10 whereas those in O’level, P.5, P.6 and P.7 (in boarding) will be Wednesday January,12,2022.”

    The Ministry of Education also added that students in international schools should also comply with the program and should not open earlier than the set January,10 date as indicated by the president.

    According to the statement, Kampala and Mukono students specifically boarding students in A’level and lower primary are expected to report on Thursday, January,13.

    “It is the responsibility of learners’ respective parents or guardians to ensure that the learner is provided with a mask to wear when travelling to school while using public means,” the statement reads.

     

    By Hope Kalamira

    Comments

    Continue Reading

    Uncategorized

    Go Slow On Mafias, They Will Destroy You – Former Vice President Gilbert Bukenya Warns Nabbanja …

    Published

    on

    Former VP Gilbert Bukenya (L) and PM Robinah Nabbanja

    Former Vice President Gilbert Bukenya has emphasized that the mafias in government are many ruthless and one could annoy them even by doing the right thing.

    Appearing on  NBS’ Morning Breeze, Bukenya advised Prime Minister Robinah Nabbanja to go slow while carrying out her duties or else she is annoying the mafias in government.

    Bukenya said that when he was still in government, he tried to raise the issue of mafias but he was ignored.

    “I pray for Prime Minister Hon. Robinah Nabbanja. I advise her to go slow because these people (mafias) are not ready to be disturbed,” Bukenya said.

    He added that the mafia group is big and it participates in corruption and they are ready to remove any tree however deep its roots are.

    “The mafia group wants to take over the country therefore it will try to destabilise anybody who is sincere to this country,” he stated.

    “I was ignored, but aren’t you hearing people talking about them now?” he asked.

    To prove that she is already being threatened, Nabbanja in July told journalists that she has started receiving death threats from unidentified people who were asking her to back off their deals.

    Bukenya warned Nabbanja to be careful while handling government business because the mafias are real and will not be stopped by anyone or  anything if they are pushing their deals through.

     

    By Hope Kalamira

    Comments

    Continue Reading

    Uncategorized

    M7’s Mailo Land Amendments Make Former Minister Nantaba Speak In Tongues As She Declares War On MP Tebandeke…

    Published

    on

    President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni’s alleged mailo land amendments have taught former junior lands minister and Kayunga district woman legislator how to speak in tongues.

    Last month, Prime Minister and leader of government business Robinah Nabbanja confirmed that her government is set to start with the mailo land amendment in the eleventh parliament due to frequent land wrangles and evictions in the country.

    A number of leaders have taken sides with Buganda Kingdom protesting the move since they are the majority land owners in central Uganda.

    The Kabaka of Buganda Ronald Muwenda Mutebi even directed Buganda caucus legislators to fight tooth and nail to make sure that the amendment is not passed.

    However, junior lands minister Dr. Sam Mayanja is very sure that the amendment is going to be passed because the ruling National Resistance Movement (NRM) party has the majority in the parliament.

    However, while appearing on radio Simba’s olutindo talk show, Nantaba, who has been at the frontline of the biggest land battles in Buganda especially in Kayunga failed to tell the country whose side she will take when the amendments are brought to the floor of parliament.

    “I’m still studying the situation because I’ve not yet read through the alleged amendment so I cannot answer that question on land amendment. I know everyone wants my answer on this issue,” Nantaba said.

    Talk show moderator Prossy Kyesswa pressed Nantaba to the wall to tell her voters whether she will support president Museveni or Kabaka Mutebi on the alleged bill but she discreetly kept on giving land history in the country which showed that she is between a rock and a hard place.

    Nantaba has been known for being an advocate for ‘bibanja’ owners and has fought many wars with land grabbers in Kayunga including loaded government officials.

    But now she has to decide on whether to support her Kabaka or her boss president Museveni.

    Nantaba has also declared war on her fellow member of parliament Charles Tebandeke.

    Nantaba accuses Tebandeke, the Bbale county legislator of working for her tormentors in Kayunga to dislodge her from parliament.

    “I know he wants me out of Kayunga politics, he has been going around telling people that I have not been helping them during trying times and spoiling my name,” the soft spoken Nantaba said.

    She warned Tebandeke that she has been winning all Kayunga battles so he should be ready for defeat.

    Next week, Nantaba will start defending her win in Mukono High Court where her win is being challenged by Harriet Nakwedde, Birungi Kobusingye Jackline Saako ne Nabadda Ritah.

     

    By Sengooba Alirabaki

    Comments

    Continue Reading

    like us

    TRENDING