Connect with us

NEWS

VIDEO: Help Us Find These Killers: Police Releases CCTV Footage Of Nagirinya’s Killers, Appeal To Public For Help…

Published

on

The Uganda police Force has today released a CCTV camera footage of Ms Nagirinya Mariam’s alleged kidnappers and asked the public to help in identifying them.

“The Uganda Police Force and sister security agencies have retrieved CCTV images showing incidents that occurred prior to and after the kidnapping of Ms Nagirinya Mariam and her driver Mr. Kitayimbwa Ronald on 28th August 2019.

The images have been retrieved from an Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) camera and one can clearly see from these pictures that the assailant is wearing a white shirt, a reddish coat and a cap on his head. He is of a dark skin complexion,” a statement released today by police Deputy Press and Public Relations Officer, ACP Polly Namaye reads.

Namale adds, “This is therefore to appeal to members of the public, and to any other person(s) who have useful information, leading to the arrest of this suspect in the pictures to contact the nearest Police station or call telephone numbers:

0714667793/ 0714668079/0714668105or toll free 0800909990/ 800121222. A BIG REWARD AWAITS.”

Ms. Nagirinya and Mr. Kitayimbwa were kidnapped by unknown gunmen at the gate of Nagirinya’s rented residence in Lungujja near Busega on August 29. They were driven away in her own vehicle, a Spacio registration no. UBA 570V. The car was later abandoned in Kitooro Zone in Nateete, Rubaga division.

Nagirinya’s body on Friday discovered alongside Kitayimbwa’s dumped near a swamp at Nakitutuli along the Mukono-Kayunga road in Nama sub-county.

On Monday, Police spokesperson Fred Enanga said that they have so far arrested 10 suspects including their own officers.

By Doreen Menezer

Comments

NEWS

No School Is Allowed To Stop Candidates From Sitting Their Final Exams Because Of Fees Balances – Minister Janet Cautions School Owners…

Published

on

The Minister of Education and Sports who also doubles as the First Lady Janet Kataha Museveni has warned school owners who stop students from doing their final examinations due fees balance to stop it.

Minister Janet Museveni said this in the post on her Facebook page. Janet wrote: “I have received reports of students who missed writing their final UNEB exams on account of their schools’ refusal to allow them to sit exams because of school fees balances. This is against standing government policy. No school administrator is allowed to stop any UNEB registered candidate from sitting his/Her final exams because of unpaid school fees balances.”

She added, “Exam results however of the candidate can be withheld by the school administrators until he/she has cleared all outstanding fees. I have accordingly instructed the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Education & Sports and the Executive Secretary UNEB to investigate this matter and take the necessary action.”

On Monday, 15 candidates at Top Care Secondary School in Iganga District were stopped from from sitting for Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) by the school authorities over school balances.
Despite pleas from the students, their parents and eventually area leaders, the school refused to relent and let the students sit the examinations.

By Josephine Kauma

Comments

Continue Reading

NEWS

Ugandans Who Will Refuse To Sign On ICC Petition To Have M7 Indicted Will Be Committing Treason – Besigye…

Published

on

Four-time presidential aspirant, Col. Kizza Besigye has warned Ugandans who are planning to dodge the signing of the petition entitled: “Uganda people’s petition to International Criminal Court” that they will be committing treason according to Article 3 of the constitution.

According to Besigye, all Ugandans are held responsible to fight for their fundamental rights and other rights granted by the constitution.

“Every person has a responsibility of protecting his or her rights, if you see someone abusing your right then you have to deal with that person in courts of law, since the constitution under Article 3 allows you to fight for your rights, Ugandans who have declined to sign on the petition are committing treason,” Besigye said.

He said this at the people’s government offices along Katonga road in Kampala where he officially lunched the signing of the petition that is aimed at compelling ICC to summon president Museveni.

In a meeting attended by Kampala Lord Mayor Erias Lukwago, Ken Lukyamuzi, Leader of Opposition Betty Aol Ochan and other the opposition members, Besigye said that the petition is a universal petition that caters for all Ugandans both in Uganda and abroad who have been victims of Museveni’s torture and his poor governance.

“The petition is for all Ugandans, its intended to bring peace to all, we need Museveni out of power with the help of ICC since he cannot handover peacefully,” he insisted.

“Anybody aggrieved with Museveni’s policies of violating our rights like freedom of speech and expression, freedom of assembly and right to life should provide evidence and join in the signing of petition,” he said.

He further urged all police persons and military to abandon violating commands that are given to them by their Commander in Chief.

“The police should work for Ugandans, they should abandon the violating commands that are given to them by Museveni because everyone is accountable for the crimes they commit, no one will ask for who ordered you. Look at Kayihura now, he is suffering alone though he was working on Museveni’s orders,” Besigye added.

He revealed that the petition will be wired online for all Ugandans both in Uganda and abroad to sign.

“Our petition is going to be wired online and links are going to be circulated for those outside Uganda,” he said. He further urged NRM members who have known the weaknesses of President Museveni to join the petition for a better tomorrow.

“Members from the NRM party who understand the weaknesses of their president should join us because this is about Museveni not NRM. Members of other opposition parties and movements like Hon: Kyagulanyi, Gen. Mugisha Muntu, Nobert Mao and other leaders, join us and we defend our country from dictators,” Besigye rallied.

According to Besigye, the process of signing the will take long period of time since they plan to spread it country wide.

By Josephine Kauma

Comments

Continue Reading

CELEBRITY GOSSIP

Sipapa, Full Figure Are Using M7’s Money To Kill Us: Music Promotors Bajjo, Abitex Cry Out ….

Published

on

Abitex and Bajjo addressing journalists

Events promoters Andrew Mukasa alias Bajjo events and Abbey Musinguzi alias Abitex have pinned socialite Charles Olim alias Sipapa and Jennifer Nakaguubi alias Full Figure of using the millions of money given to them by president Yoweri Museveni to kill them.

Bajjo told journalist in Kampala that on Wednesday evening, he survived being killed by armed hooligans holding machetes at Makindye, a Kampala suburb.

“I have audio recordings of that fool Sipapa and Full Figure strategizing on how to finish our lives. I heard Full figure tipping Sipapa to tell his gangs to locate us and kill us using stones,” Bajjo said.

He revealed that when he received an audio from a friend, they decided to run away from Baba TV where they had been hosted for a talk show. He said that when they reached Makindye, a group of people attacked them with machetes and stoned his car. Abitex said that he received credible information from state house that both Sipapa and Full Figure told Museveni that they know Abitex and Bajjo and that they will help him silence them at all cost.

Abitex warned that the act of giving people free money will increase criminality in the country because people will start thinking that they don’t have to work but can always be given free money. Both promotors filed their complaints at Katwe police station. Full figure was not reached for comment since she was not picking our calls.

PROMOTORS LIKELY TO LOSS BILLIONS

Earlier, lawyer Erias Lukwago, who was  representing the two promoters pleaded with High Court judge Lydia Mugambe Ssali to save his clients from losing billions of money and jobs in the coming 2019 festival season. Lukwago submitted that the directive issued by the Inspector General of Police Martin Okoth Ochola stopping his clients from organizing musical concerts will deny them employment since their source of income are the music shows.

Lukwago told court that his clients lost over Shs200m when Ochola stopped their concerts at Busabala, Gulu Lira and other places yet they had already paid all the necessary requirements including security.

The presiding judge Ssali asked both applicants why they didn’t proceed with organizing concerts of other musicians because it seems the IGP only stopped them from organizing Bobi Wine’s concerts.

Lukwago with people power lawyer Shamim Malende tried to plead to Ssali to accommodate their matter before the Christmas festival because it’s the period when his clients work more.

This was after judge Ssali had told them that she was assigned to go to high court criminal division to handle very serious criminal cases.

However, after Lukwago’s plea, Justice Ssali changed her mind and asked Lukwago to take their file back to the registrar so that it can be allocated to another judge which Lukwago refused. Mugambe further advised the applicants to stop exaggerating their case. The judge ordered both parties to submit written submissions instead of oral as Lukwago was proposing. The matter was adjourned to 13 December.

By Jamil Lutakome

Comments

Continue Reading

like us

TRENDING

error: Content is protected !!